Thursday, February 5, 2015

On my mind...

So.... I've been through my own tornado/hurricane/whirlwind, or whatever weather definition is apt, when one feels steamrolled by their personal life.  Well, there I was RoadRunner flat, pancaked out with cartoon eyes whirling and boing-boinging.  Me starring as RoadKill!  Then I was revived through the work and kindness of my daughter (who unbeknownst to her didn't know I'd lost steam, regrouped and had selected what to totally neglect, in order to downsize and personally survive).  My own little whirlwind came to call and she saved me!!  Talk about to the rescue!

So...life is still totally changed in many ways but I can handle it now.  I changed.  Looking around there are still those things that need to be cleaned including the furniture and carpet but so much was dejunked/given/shared/donated/tossed/mailed--maybe you read about it and saw a portion of what we did.  Amazing and just a feel good situation.  Sighs of relief!!!!

So...life is still busy and I'm still making the shift, to take on more responsibility, to take care of the two of us and I'm okay with that.  I'm ready!  come on life!  let's go!

February-  28 days.  take away weekends and that leaves 20 days.  Those days are already booked at a 50% filled up on Dr. things alone...10 of the 20 days will be used with Dr. Appointments.  They usually take 1/2 a day.  Drive to Yakima etc.  In that 10 day time frame I will also have my 2nd Cataract surgery on my right eye.  (Left eye is doing super!)  you would not believe how many eye-drops Terry is dripping in my eyes!  3 different bottles of drops.  Down for 2 day recovery.  gobbling up the time!!

Beyond the planned 10 Dr. days...I went to an Ensemble Recital that my very young BFF Lydia played in...plus her brother and the Grigg Boys and the Westfall children and a few others that I really care about.  I have family and friends that I try to stay in touch with and I use TIME.  Have to schedule when I can visit with my friend!  I also went to BookClub.  I still have one high-school play to go to that one of my Laurels is in.  And a wonderful baby shower that I'm excited about.

Oh, and not to forget...I call in for Jury Duty, on Friday the 13th (yikesters).  I will be 3 days out of my cataract surgery so I'm thinking they will give me a pass when they see my goggle shades.  I've already been excused once so this time they want to see me in person! 

There are other life events like grocery shopping/ cooking and of course we need some clean clothes etc. etc.  It's a short month for everyone and mine is the same amount of days as yours.  My hairdresser closed her shop and perhaps in sadness of her doing that.. confusion?, bad habit?- I pulled out my pinking shears and gave myself something dreadful looking but it's not hanging in my eyes as bad.  Did I drive her to close down with my scissor hacking??   I'm planning on finding someone to rescue that part of my life. real soon.  This month!

 ****************************

Today I went to the bank and got some $$.  Went to Pharmacy and got some Rx for Terry.  Went to the Post Office and mailed off my project (more later on that feat!)  Went to Costco.  Went to Eye Clinic for check-up on left eye and confirming appointment on right eye.  Honestly I got home at 1:30pm and felt like the day was over.  Not so.  You know the routine.  You Momma's with your little ones that mess things up as fast as you clean it or unfold what you just folded or do the toddler naughties or grade school battling or the the teen sass-mouth or whatever they do that drives you wacko...we are all doing the best we can.  Plus you do all of that diaper changing and dressing and bathing and etc.

We are all at these different stages and you regroup, as much when you age, as you do when you enlarge your family by a person weighing just a few pounds.  Family dynamic changes are not easy breezy on the ride that we are individually on.  Whether we want to do it or not, we lose the power of choice and can only choose our reaction to what is thrust upon us and sometimes without warning!  Changes in health...Changes in relationships...children marrying...grandchildren struggling....friends in the hurt locker on different things. The list is endless!!   Mortality is not for the faint of heart.

We can do it.  I feel incredible powerful and strong right now.  (I sure hope the devil didn't read that and think I'm up for him to challenge me!!)  Sort of funny to think of me, the ever pudgy one, feeling all this strength!  I do feel it though.

**************************************** 

BookClub...several years ago when I was RSP, our trio desired to start a book club.  It eventually transpired, thanks Chelle!, and still continues.  For several years I faithfully attended.  Then I got called to work in Stake RS and was visiting other Wards on book club night.  Finally I realized I just couldn't do it anymore.  Then I got released from RS and back to Ward and work in YW (love it!)  I sort of started the womanly thing of putting on my cozy robe in the evening and snuggling up with a book or something solo here at home.  Things have now leveled out in my new norm of living and I have made a commitment to go each month.

The minds of the women attendees are so brilliant.  I love their insights and how they dissect a book from all angles.  I am very opinionated and don't like some of the books.  My friend Carol (avid reader) declared that she read half of the book and felt it was the most stupid thing she'd ever read and stopped.  I declared that I'd seen the movie and did not like it a bit.  We weren't totally dominating things but we did let others know that we did not like it.  And here are all the young intellects seriously talking about what they had learned and what the Author was trying to get across.  What the meaning of such and such meant.

Later, I thought about that and called Carol around 10pm.  I told her...it's only once a month.  it's only one book.  we can read one book all the way through!  let's read each book, each month- and you and I talk about it and see if we can get a take on it and maybe understand where others are coming from.  We agreed and the next book is on it's way from Amazon.

When you age you have no patience for anything that you feel wastes your time!!  You also are a fuss-pot about what you like and don't like!  We are going to see if we can gentle down and become somewhat refined.  We will play nice in the sandbox.  Hopefully!

************************************************

blogging.  When I started 5 years ago, I made a commitment to blog M-F.  I want to do that schedule again.  If I can't blog then I won't be rude.  I'll let you know.  If things get out of hand with stuff around here in our new norm...I'll tell you.  It feels good to want to keep that 5 day a week schedule again!  I thought it might have to float away and be a distant memory.

*********************************

thanks again for encouraging me.  You were a part of me regaining my balance.  You are loved!!!

 






No comments: