Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Still mulling- Part B

 Still thinking about callings and teaching and love.  So Susie, that I mentioned yesterday sent that note to me and then I sent one to her and then Monday she sent me one more.  I'm sharing as it really reminds me of the power of love...the power we have within us to give and also the power we receive when we receive love.  Love is truly all there is.

***************************************

Sent: Sunday, February 22, 2015 1:31 PM
To: Nancy Seljestad
Subject: Love you 


My dear,
I am preparing my SS lesson for 16/17 year olds. I just keep thinking about HOW you taught me.
Not WHAT you taught me, but how.


The answer is love. You loved me. And yes, I have tears coursing down my cheeks. Thank you for loving me when I needed it most. I love you.

Susie

**********************************************

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Nancy Seljestad  wrote:

oh, sweetie, now you make me cry.  it's amazing that you just love someone and at a tender time in their life, they feel it, and years later they still feel it!!  and when you love someone, like I loved you, it holds and you always ALWAYS love that person!!!  I love you darling Susie.  I so appreciate the fact that you shared and reminded me that love is really all there is.  you can strip away all the trappings but what it really boils down to is plain old sincere true love.  what a blessing you are to those girls!!  lucky them and lucky us for having crossed paths and miles and distance and all of that doesn't amount to a hill of beans.  It's love for sure!!!

***********************************************
from Susie on Monday Feb 23



Thank you.  Well put.  After my Sunday School class, I went to RS which I didn't think I would get to go to and lo and behold, the lesson was Dallin Oaks' talk on Loving Everyone and it really hit home that that is what everything boils down to. You were a good example of that to me.  Yes, love you still and always will.

**********************************

This exchange with Susie really made me look to my heart....I'm asking myself if I still love as openly/honestly/wholeheartedly as I did for all those many years.  Have I shied away to a certain extent?  am I as joyful in relationships?  do I talk myself out of being me?  do I hold back in fear of rejection?  do I allow past negative events to fill me with self-doubt?  Co-d types certainly do and I do see shadows/shades of that with my inner vision.  Am I comfortable in my own skin to the point I just am...am who I am???  Do I represent my true self?

Love.  That is the key.  Me loving me and loving everyone else AND letting them know that I love them.  Not necessarily mush-gush but reaching out and leaving no doubt, that those I'm in contact with, are important to me and I love them.  

Just thinking and mulling things over.  Still!














No comments: