Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Still on my mind....

Last night I heard from Amy, one of my Laurels from long ago, and I just wanted to share a couple of things.  She'd had a great lesson and discussion with her YW about Women and the Priesthood.  I love hearing from readers!

The letter from the Bishop here to Kate Kelly has some excellent insight. 

This whole thing, in my book, boils down to testimony.  Do we believe our Church is THE Church?  Do we believe the heavens are open to communication from God to living Prophets?  The scriptures tell us that God will do nothing save he reveals it to his Prophets.  Do we really believe that?  Do we really believe that revelation, in regards to how the Church is "run", exists?  For me, there is one answer for all of these...YES.

This brings me back to the simplicity of the fact that Church wide change in anything comes from the top downward and not from the ground up.  We will never receive inspiration/revelation for the Church at large no matter how much we want something changed.   We can't even receive personal revelation for simple callings in our Ward except for our own calling!  No one else's!!

This is not a political organization with campaigns/walk-in/write-ins/petitions etc.  This is our religion of choice and we understand how that works.

Yesterday I got my Temple Recommend renewed and I thought about how I value that little piece of paper and the doors it literally opens for me.  Not only to enter the Temple doors but to receive peace of heart and personal revelation to help me withstand the rigors of life.  I'm thankful to not be embroiled against the Church.

It's quite amazing to think that the Church is world wide.  The difficulty of keeping the Church pure with the scriptural adage of one Lord, one Faith, one Baptism is overwhelming to contemplate.  To keep things laser beamed on the Gospel and making sure that all mankind- no matter their country of origin, their language, their cultural, their traditions, their former religious beliefs- understand the way of the Gospel is just a miracle in itself.

The Church has adapted over the years in many ways to fit the growing needs of a growing Church.  Doing away with details that aren't applicable for everyone.  Simple things to improve, expand in preparation for the last days that we live in.

To bring attention to the Church in such a negative way in wanting to actually insist a Doctrinal change be made, differs on all levels of being appropriate.

Ordain Women had a thousand or so women write the Authorities supporting their cause, pleading for conversation/dialogue.  The entire thing reminded me of that old catch phrase "what part of no don't you understand???"  They asked for women to be ordained.  They were told no. They refused to accept it and said they will persist.  Are they really thinking they will wear down the Prophets?

The Church is always on the lookout for changes, as far as I'm concerned, and in the past years have done lots to involve women more.  I believe we will see more and more changes.  What is rather irksome to me is the Ordain Women group will take credit for those changes.  As they already have.  Like the prayer at General Conference by a woman, which had been in place for months, and yet they were asking/requesting/questioning so they put a feather in their bonnet.  I'm sure there will be more things like that.  I know that any change that happens regarding women will happen because that is what the Lord wants to happen in His Church not because of women counseling the Prophets. 

Such a small group of agitators but with today's technology this will be all over the place.  We need to be comfortable with our beliefs, not be wishy-washy, stand for truth- in support of divine revelation for the Church at large.

I have a blog that I wrote but never posted about this subject of women wanting change.  I seem to feel the need to purge and share.  tomorrow.  Yes.  I'll share it tomorrow!  if you can stand one more post!!!  You are forewarned!  And then I think that will be enough except for follow-up. 
************************************************
this is after the fact but this sort of shannigan, to bring about change, resonates so wrong in my soul that it repulses me....here 




No comments: