Friday, June 13, 2014

Gliding along

Here is what I sent our children about yesterday....

Dear Kiddos-- So... a long day it seemed but we moved ahead.  They did a scan and found Dad’s pancreas had some discoloration.  Figured it to be related to the Pancreatitus attack.  A stone is there, enzymes secreted, pancreas takes a munch out of itself.  (dreadful thought).  They couldn’t see any more stones and are hoping the culprit is gone.  He is still nauseated but has a great Rx.  He is still very tired.  He doesn’t have the stomach pain like he did.  He will watch what he eats.  So the plan now is wait until the surgeon gets back from India (his homeland) and he will check him out on July 7 to see what is going on in there.  IF he has another attack, before he comes back to WA,  then the surgeon will have one of his fellow surgeons help him out.  Dad is content to wait as he has total confidence in the surgeon from India.  The primary physican today was very nice and so was the other young Dr.  Well, I’m taking Dad’s word for it as I sat in the TV area, as I couldn’t really trust myself, if they started fiddling around and not moving things ahead.  Dad was happy and that made me happy.  So now we will just bide our time until that July 7th appointment.
 
I’m worn out as it really was a long day but a good day. 
 
Love and hugs to each of you!!!!  xoxoxoxo
 

No comments: