Friday, June 6, 2014

Home from Dr. Appointment

this is what I sent our children....
*******************************
We are home.  The stats had gone down but they are going to repeat the CT scan of abdomen and pelvis.  also repeat the MRCP by Dr. Amar ( the Dr. that Dad loves/respects, as does Kipper).  he’s the one that removed the gallstones  so he will go back in (MRCP) and check and see if he can find a lone stone or something or other.  Also has a follow-up with today’s Dr. next week.

Frustrating but at least they are going to check his innards.

We decided unless it’s something new that we are dropping this subject from our conversation.

I did fairly good in my personal conduct.  I started losing some control when the gal said....Now why are you here?  They were the ones that called for us to come in!!!  Then a fledgling  Dr. came in.  (You just know his Mom is proud of him!)  When he started in with a smiling....Your levels have come down  & the attitude of...Most likely nothing to concern yourself about....  uh, I started fuming inside.   He hurts, is miserable, is sick, etc. etc.  Out loud I heard myself say...sometimes I think this is discrimination because of his age and no one really cares about helping him.  At which point the newly minted Dr. says....I hope you don’t mean me.  I’m just getting started .  that is not my feeling at all and he went on a bit more.  I, feeling he needed to be put out of his misery, said to Dad...Do you think I should leave?  Dad said...Yes.  You better leave.

So I left.

I sat there with a 5 year old watching a Muppet movie.  Kermit said...I want to say I’m sorry for losing my temper  (or something like that) but I didn’t feel I lost my temper.  I left before I spewed out  to someone- how the office needed to be run!!!  How Dr.s’ should care.  Those sort of things.

I told Dad that Pediatricians are the only ones you can count on!   Broad brush stroke but really why does it all have to be so complicated and disconnected.  I was glad to see two men that I know that are in the health care work...Phillip and Rick.  They give me hope for the entire industry!

They had made some changes at the Clinic and I did compliment the gal making his appointment for next week.  does that negate my boycott attitude?

Then Dad came out and started laughing and that was irritating!  Then he said...You really need to say something to that young Dr.  he’s just starting his career.  We don’t want him thinking maybe he should go back to truck driving or something like he’s wasted 8-10 years of education.

I could see the young fellow through the glass door so I opened it, tapped him on the shoulder, and he looked startled.  Very startled.  I reassured him I was harmless.  Told him I’d initiated him by fire and said... good luck in your career and you will probably meet other women that are in love with their husbands and get furious when people don’t take care of their pain. 

Extremely long explanation but oh, well. 

Have a great day!

Jeanee that mermaid costume looked so real.

Ava...enjoy Cappa and your dancing!  and also Grandma Noney

Lorrie- see if that documentary is on while you are in NM.  You will really enjoy it!

love to all!

Mom

No comments: