Monday, February 11, 2013

Golden Tickets/Knitting

Sunday was our first time back to Church for Sacrament meeting.  Truly there is nothing more wonderful than the love, concern and care of a Ward family.  We were the recipients of that marvelous display of emotions.  So healing.  So appreciated.  So genuine.

Women are so kind and compassionate, it's a part of our divine make-up, and all are blessed in the circle of women in their lives.  I've seen it over and over, the tenderness and gentleness, of women when their hearts are touched with concern. 

Today though, I saw something that caught me off guard, as men were displaying that same compassionate concern.  Sincere sentiments, acknowledgement of prayers being offered, happiness displayed in seeing their "brother" up and about.  It really touched my soul.

There was a sense of security.  Sort of like a safety net in the feeling of...you are not alone.  we are with you.  we love you.  we care for you.

I've heard women say, as I've said before....Please, let me know if I can do anything to help.  Feeling helpless at the moment but wanting to do something.  Anything.

I'd never heard men say that before.  Until today.  Not just one man but several men boldly said...Seriously. If you need anything  just let me know and it will be done.  They were so fervent and so sincere. I really knew they meant it.  I, sponge-like, soaked up the love I could feel coming from their sweet hearts for the man I love.  I felt the same way when 2 men dropped by, a few days ago, and offered that same generous gift of help along with concern for his well-being.  

I feel like I have a stash of golden tickets that can be redeemed at any time.  


Membership in the Church is so wonderful in all that it offers and this showering of love and concern and heartfelt prayers is just amazing.

So thankful.  We are blessed beyond measure.

Today, as I mulled over the events of going to our Sacrament meeting, and then visiting 2 other Wards, on assignment,  and having people express concern there also, I thought of Alma....

And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.    (Mosiah 18:21)

No comments: