Monday, September 17, 2012

A great day!!!

That was puzzling and I still don't understand what happened but there was no way I could get on my blog!  I did that one little This is a Test post with no message of any sort and then could not get back on it.  so now I'm coming in through the back door and will be back to regular posting.

I appreciate those that read my blog and our connection.  I find it bothersome when people don't do as they say they will, as far as posting on the their blogs.  I was unable to give you a heads up as to the happenings so just sort of left you hanging out there.  Sorry about that!  M-F is my schedule.

Sunday at Church was wonderful.  I really love our Ward.  It's such a composite of real life.  People in the midst of struggles and survival and happiness and joy.  The roller coaster that becomes our vehicle even while trying to gain a foothold on that strait/straight path!  Up and down and around.  circling and hanging on at times for dear life to the iron rod.  I am a fan of the believers.  I bask in their presence.  Not their perfection but their presence.  no matter how the previous 6 days have been.  No matter their pain, be it physical/spiritual/mental, they take a good tub scrub and show up all buffed and squeaky clean.  combed hair.  fresh clothes.  My Church home.

Our sacrament meetings are reverent to me.  I say to me because I wonder if my hearing isn't real sharp but really to me, it feels so reverent.  Today I came seeking the cleansing.  The reassurance of partaking of the Sacrament.  Seeking understanding and greater sense of Spirit.  Seeking confirmation and direction.  Some personal revelation.  I would imagine that many others came with like desires.  That is the beauty of this weekly meeting.  a renewal of my original baptism covenants.  A fresh start on Monday.

We have spent the majority of our Church membership in areas where the membership is small.  I loved every minute of it.  I must admit though that I now understand, why a zillion years ago, a sister that had moved from Utah to Homer, for her husbands first job after college graduation, said...I really miss a large Ward.  I asked what was any different from our small Branch because we had the Church programs and a building that was in it's first phase.  She couldn't explain but now I understand.

The Ward that is now our home is probably not huge but there are enough families, and enough of life taking place right before attendees eyes, that if one is consistent in being snug in a pew on a real regular basis, that you can see life unfold in real time.  A religious reality show!!  We watch people struggle and overcome through endurance and faith and testimony.  We also see at times those that give up the current life test that they are dealing with and they quit.  They jump ship.  They get mad.  They play the blame game.  Make a voodoo doll of the Bishop.  We see the triumph and gladness of one and the misery and suffering of others. 

Our children see this without us needing to point it out.  they also see the white shirts.  they see the modest dress.  they see people move ahead in Eagle Scouts/Young Women Medallions and go on missions and go to college and get married.  They see choices and consequences.

They see life and they see death. 

I was just buoyed with the living of the Gospel yesterday.  3 or 4 rows of jubilant family relatives, celebrating the marriage of the Bishop's youngest son.  They sat right in front of me row after row.  It was wonderful.

My line of vision strengthened me spiritually throughout the entire time because of service being rendered that I witnessed.  We have a wonderful new family that just moved into our Ward.  They have a teen son, Jacob, and he needs to be signed to.  The family went to school to learn how to communicate with him.  They moved here and found out, after arriving, that we have another fairly new couple in our Ward, Phillip & Julianna, that sign!!  Plus he is the Seminary teacher.  Isn't it incredible,  how aware the Lord is of each of us as individuals and he will provide? 

The beauty of our Sacrament meeting was Phillip and Julianna were called and sustained as our Ward Sign Language Interpreters.  What tender service I saw given today.  Makes me teary.  They sat facing the front row of pews and signed for the family.  When the entire family signed the hymns, my heart just melted.  I want to sign also!!

The Church is for everyone and in my sweet Ward I see that in action!  Some of us are trudging along and some are skipping along and some are slumped with exhaustion while others are high energy and sometimes we trade places in our earth treks but as long as I see them, the entire assortment,  in Church on Sunday, then I can hum a few bars of all is well, all is well!

No comments: