Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thoughtfulness Abounds

The Valentine love fest just continued right into Wednesday!  People are so kind, thoughtful and generous!  In the busyness of life to take time to show a little love is impressive.

My youngest friend, 6 year old Lydia, made me a collage covered butterfly, with assorted jewel items glued on, a love note that was charming in it's childish print and misspelled words plus a beautiful tulle bow.  I could tell she worked long and hard on this piece of art.  AND a container of hot chocolate mix was presented.

A couple of respected Ward seniors brought a red, heart-shaped helium balloon with swirly white script announcing --I love you

Terry cooked us a wonderful dinner.  I was a gimpy gal with a sore knee so he did the honors and it was great!

A working friend had made red velvet cupcakes for her co-workers and brought the one she saved for me!  Delish and sweet gesture on so many levels!

Another sister that constantly cares for her not so healthy husband, baked a batch of rolls for sandwich making and gave 4 gigantic rolls for us to savor.  I asked her how she found time to do all that she does, like bake the rolls, and she said....I have to do things like this or I'd go nuts!

And we were the recipients of that mysterious gifting-- a "heart attack".   Hearts on plastic spoons festooned the porch rail.  All pink and red.  And a plate of beautiful treats.  Someone worked a long time to create something so detailed.  How do they do it?  How do they knock and run away, so fast, that we can't even see a trace of them?  Who are these people???

I was so touched by the thoughtfulness of so many.  I was also impressed that they carried out their plan to give and share a bit of love.  No procrastinators!

I hope that everyone was touched by either giving or receiving and enjoyed every happy minute!

I remembered a school poem, from my girlhood, about the importance of little things...Little things adding up and becoming big things. 

Little Things

Little drops of water,
Little grains of sand,
Make the mighty ocean
And the pleasant land.

Thus the little minutes,
Humble though they be,
Make the mighty ages 
of eternity.
                                        
                                                         --by Julia A. Fletcher

No comments: