Monday, February 27, 2012

Life. just life with it's challenges and experiences!

I should not have said I'd finish my soap-boxing about how hard it is to deal with members as now I'm saying....another delay.  I guess I should not promise the moon unless I can deliver! 

I have what I want to say on the subject, in my mind, but my thoughts have been diverted and are centered on our 2nd son.  The one that works for Cat and designs things.  Greg.  He had a mini-stroke on Friday.  He's okay in that he can talk, think, walk and has all of his faculties.  They stopped the brain bleed.  Doesn't that sound dreadful????  a brain bleed.  oh, my!  1 cat scan to see what was going on and then, the next day, one to see progress.  now they will have cardiac people check his heart.  

When life challenges come my way I have this way of dealing with things, that must just be a part of my makeup and not cultivated as  it's always been a part of me, I'm usually fine for the first 2 days and then the 3rd day I sometimes fall apart!  I have felt peaceful about this and continue to feel that way.

We did not hop on a plane and fly to him.  If they were doing brain surgery we'd have been out of here!  Also we respect the fact that he has a wonderful wife and 4 children that are with him and will give him excellent care.

Moms are funny though, don't you think?  no matter how old your son is, he is still your boy.  It's an instinctive emotion to want to run to him and care for him.  
He is precious to me. He called from the hospital to check in with us.  Knowing we would want to hear his voice. And then he proceeds to invite us to come out for the pageant (or whatever it is called) for the dedication of the Kansas City Temple.  So we will see him in April!  Our granddaughter is in it.  

I absolutely detest flying but I will do this!! 

I feel that the Lord blessed and protected Greg with the way this happened, as it happened at work and he got immediate help.  Ambulance and off to hospital.  essential in any sort of stroke, regardless of size.

I just wanted to check in, tell you that my mind and thoughts will settle and I still want to visit with you about how difficult it sometimes is to deal with each other.  A challenge for sure!!!

Hopefully he will be home by Tuesday!!

I think I'm rambling!!

The Gospel helps us to deal with these mortal trials and I'm so thankful for that fact!  I have an understanding of the plan of mortality that lets me know that these challenges come, the Lord is aware and He is in charge.  I can pray, do all that I know how to help, then have faith and trust that when there comes a time that I'm powerless, feel helpless and don't know what I can do....the odds are there is probably nothing I can do.  This is work for the Lord to do.  It's out of my realm of possibilities but not out of His.  I will let go and let God.  

These scriptures have helped me through many a rough patch in the road

God is our refuge and strength, 
a very present help in trouble.  
(Ps.46:1)

In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee:
for thou wilt answer me. 
(Ps.86:7) 

No comments: