Friday, September 2, 2011

The traveler was airborne (for a long time!)

Something fishy going on?  Wednesday we stayed up until 12:45am & I thought the bags looked perfect size.  But Thursday at 5:45am, a mere 5 hours later, they looked larger to me.  Terry said they were the same size when we went to bed 5 hours ago.  He was not surprised at their largeness.  At the airport, a bit of humiliation for me, as he was told the little perfectly packed, ready for any emergency he might encounter in Norway bag, was to big!!  Well, to big to carry on the plane.  Humph!

I sent Jeanee a little note about perhaps/maybe I'd packed a bit to much etc.etc.  Asking her to be respectful and NOT laugh at what I'd packed. Then my daughter, my usually precious/sweet daughter dropped this rude note!.....

Only one hour left and Scott will drive in to pick Daddy up. I can't wait. I have his bed all made and can't wait to see him. Do you think he will be hungry?
I love you, and yes, I WILL laugh at what you packed. You will be like the Mrs. Potato Head in Toy Story, when her husband went out with the guys to try and find Woody, she opened his back up and said "I packed your angry eyes." You are like Mrs. Potato Head!

xoxox Jeanee
He sure flying the long route to Orlando!  Then just as things seemed to be going good, after the first delay, he was held up longer yet in WA D.C., she sent this....
His plane just took off 7 minutes ago, it's 12 midnight. The flight will be 1 hour and 37 minutes long and then another 40 minutes to our house. I hope he's doing alright  xoxox
I'm just grateful that it took off and he's on his way. He can sleep in in the morning.
 
I will be glad when he lands.  I hope he's not achy etc.  Poor fellow.
Other than the incident above the day was wonderful.  The Temple was so peaceful!
There are blessings to be had in the Temple that are not available anywhere else.  I believe that personal revelation is so key and I want to strengthen that aspect in my life.  I believe that we will, in the future, hear more about personal revelation and also about having a personal ministry.  (now that takes courage for me to write that but truly, did you know that Apostles, our current living apostles, each have their own personal ministry?  I first heard of that from reading Elder Maxwell's book.  and I've read other things on it.  I'll write about it one of these days and share the quotes) I believe in prayer.  I believe in the power of faith.  I believe God communicates with us and one way is personal revelation.  I want more personal direction in my life.  Some very specific things.  Today that journey began.  one thing that came into my mind was to use this time, while Terry is gone, in a more quiet peaceful train of thought and not pack each day with such busyness that I don't hear the quiet sought after answers.  I'll not hole up in a cave but I will consciously make sure I listen and study and ponder.  Just a nice little time to do some serious soul searching! and repenting.
Heading home from Temple and stopped at the Mortuary because our neighbor died and they were having a memorial service for him.
My mind is always on the gratitude I feel for my Church membership and the difference it makes in all aspects of my life.  The Lutheran preacher, did the best he could in reading "Scriptures of comfort" but really, without the plan of salvation, without what happens/where do we go when we die etc. etc., the hope of eternal families, the restoration of the Gospel and all of those powerful puzzle pieces to the real business of living in mortality- it was not comforting.  In the Gospel we offer hope.  we offer certainty of life after death.  The preacher said that he got saved on Thursday and died on Friday and would not be going to hell.  
I sat there for the 2 hours and I thought...I wish I could go up, pretend I'm teaching a Gospel Doctrine Adult Sunday School class and enlighten them with our amazing doctrine.  They would rejoice over the amount of information we have on the subject of death and life after death. 
How thankful I am to be a member of the Restored Gospel and I'm mighty glad you are also!  if your not?.....check it out!
 


No comments: