Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Homeward Bound!

The party is over!  I can hardly wait to see him!!  I enjoyed my sabbatical for a week and then I wanted my sweetie to be here!!  I know I will hear these stories of his Norway Trip, for the rest of our earth-time together.  The family will hear the same stories. Our friends will hear them (will we have friends that stay friends?!)  NO!!!! not in a testimony meeting!  PLEASE...not that!!  Whatever it is...it is!  I love the guy to pieces and I'll listen to re-runs (okay.  if I can repeat the story in my mind then I might allow my thoughts to wander and think of VT routes and what to cook for dinner, laundry etc.!  My face will appear to listen though.  I have to be honest here!). I will enjoy his dear company.  So familiar to me.  So comforting to me.  I know him.  I love him.  We accept each other...talkative story repeats and all!!!!
 ********************************
Hey Momma,
Just wanted to let you know, we are taking Dad out to a nice lunch and then off to the airport. I am so sad
it's over, but know that Dad used up every single ounce of energy that he could muster and he is done. He
keeps saying "I miss Mom" "It'll be good to see Mom", "Can't wait to get home and see Mom" etc. He misses you.

We have had an extraordinary time together, priceless every moment, everyday. So many stories. You will
hear all about it for the rest of your life.

Things he said over and over this trip: "Why would ANYONE leave Norway?" "So how are we related?" "So
do you like lutefisk?" "They have the BEST bread!" I heard these questions and statements too many times
to count. At one point when we were visiting a cousin in Bergen, I was sitting in a place where Patty could see
me, but no one else could, as Dad started on his questions, I mouthed them silently along with him... she and I
had a good laugh later about it. Believe me, he got his use out of that genealogy chart!!

Thanks for sharing Daddy with me. He is precious, wonderful, full of love, kindness, goodness and innocence.
I have cherished every moment together.

Love you,

Jeanee
xoxoxox

No comments: