Monday, September 5, 2011

Last Minute Details!!

 Friday Happenings.....

Hey Momma, he and Scott arrived at the house at 2:45am. I fed him toasted English muffin with butter and jam, Ritz crackers and a banana. He seemed very happy and talkative, I showed him his bedroom, bathroom and he's getting ready right now. I told him to sleep in as long as he wants to. It's so awesome having him here. AND... 
                         the "carry-on" was probably the biggest thing I've ever seen.
xoxoxo J

  *************************
Hi family,

I just wanted to touch base with you all. Dad arrived late last night after a long travel day and a long delay in D.C. We are flying out in the morning (Saturday) and getting into Bergen at 10am on the 4th. We are meeting up with Dad's cousin Patty (his Uncle Lorrel's daughter) We are staying at a Pension just 2 blocks from the historic Fisketorget where the buildings are from the 1500's, it looks like a postcard and I can't wait to explore it. We are staying there the 4,5,6 and then renting a car and going to Seljestad and staying with relatives on the 7 and 8th that was arranged by Patty, then we will go back to the Pension and stay the 9th and 10th, flying back home on the 11th. I will try and keep you all posted through email and hopefully can access my fb to upload pics along the way.

Dad looked awesome last night, he was tired but so excited. We gave each other a hug and giggled, this is a lifelong dream of his. Mom got him a nook, when I asked if he downloaded any good books, she said "he has the entire Bible, Book of Mormon and Hymns." then we both laughed. He's so awesome.

I will keep you posted. If you would like a postcard and I don't have the address that you are at right now, just send it to me today and I will take it with me.

I love you all,

Jeanee

************************************

Dear Mrs. Potato Head,

Your hubby is still sleeping soundly, 10:50am, I only heard him cough once just when he was getting into bed last night, other than that just the sound of deep restful sleep coming from his room.

He actually looked happy last night, even after traveling for 15 hours. We just hugged and giggled and couldn't take the smile off our faces. Hugging each other made this all of the sudden very real, very emotional and very special. I actually feel honored that I get to be the one family member that gets to experience this with him. I know each member of the family would love to be in my shoes. He is so precious to me and as I was watching him eat his toasted English muffin and telling stories of the people he met on the plane and their stories, I just looked at him and melted. He's so kind, so loving, so Christlike. I am so blessed to do this with him. Priceless. Honestly, if our plane goes down, I wouldn't care, I'd be with the one person on earth that gives me such comfort, love and strength, we'd be fine. It's really amazing when you realize you are doing something very big, monumental, profound, life changing, adventurous and memorable. It's beyond what I imagined and we haven't even started the trip!

I bought a small recorder about the size of an iPod, thin, small and compact. I thought it would be priceless to have, to record our trip by audio as well as visual. I'm sure I will hear stories I've never heard before and how cool to record Dad talking to his Norwegian ancestors with their thick accents. I'm putting it all together. I highly doubt I will be able to fit it all in one carry on and a back pack. My week supply of granola bars alone fills half the carry on, plus I have my camera and I have to have an extra lens and of course I need some clothes to wear and some makeup... there's just no way it's gonna fit.

I will call you later today when Poppa wakes up so you guys can talk too. Isn't this just amazing????

I love you,

Jeanee
********************************
He's napping 12:36 xoxox


Scott and I are off to get a few things and Daddy is still sleeping.
********************************* 
It's 2pm and he's still sleeping, Scott and I just got back from doing some running around. I'm soooo glad that he's able to catch up today, this was a perfect plan! I have a pot of spaghetti on and when the girls get home we will have an early dinner and just relax.  possibly go to the beach this evening to sit and take in the sunset but only if Dad is up for it.

I have little piles on the bed for my carry on, it's looking good!  I just can't wait to see what you packed him!! If I see "angry eyes" in there, I have to draw the line...

xoxox Jeanee
 *****************************
Hi Momma,
We are just going to bed. We are all packed, the jewelry was a hit! they loved them just as you had them. i will have him sign his passport. I have our passports, drivers licenses, credit cards, debit cards and tickets in a safe flat document travel pouch. I will keep it on me the whole time, or locked in the pension safe. We are so excited. We will leave our house at 8am and then the plane leaves at 10:53am to Boston, then on to Amsterdam then Bergen. It will be a long day, 17 hours total. We arrive on the 4th at 10:30am Norway time. I had Dad load a couple of awesome books that he will love by Clive Cussler, a bit of fiction, a bit of history and tons of adventure. Scott loves his books and Dad was excited to start on them, I figured after about 13 hours of the Old Testament, he would welcome a change of pace.

I am tired, excited and ready for bed. I can finally say "Tomorrow we go to Norway!"

I will keep in touch when I can. I love you!

Jeanee

                                                               **********************
Saturday, September 03, 2011 4:30 AM
Subject: We are up and almost ready, we leave in 30mins!!!!
***************************

(They called when they landed in Boston and then again when it was time to board the plane.  My heart is now enroute to Norway!  By the time this is posted they will be in Bergen!!!)

No comments: