Tuesday, August 21, 2018

summary...

Sunday afternoon...we get to meet Jack!!!  and hold him and hug him and smooch him and talk Grams/Gramps love language!!!  We can hardly wait!!!
                                                            *************************
I didn't do myself a favor by reading so many things in my quest for the Holy Ghost by not keeping a few notes of where things were located.  Now I'm trying to remember!!  I can't even remember the names of the talks and if I posted them, I didn't label them very good.  I decided today that I would summarize my feelings and note, at least the main sources that inspired/touched me.
The two words...always and continually ....were the starting point.  In regards to feeling/being directed by/recognizing the Spirit-- really made me think and really made me search.  Always and continually are definitely not synonyms for occasionally or once in awhile.  I wondered...was I feeling the Holy Ghost and not recognizing it as such?  Also...did I ever express appreciation for the guidance of this Gift when I recognize that guidance?  If I became aware of promptings/guidance/etc. would this be an aid in praying always through expressing that appreciation?  More of a gratitude attitude...more constant?
I feel inwardly rewarded for my quest.  I know a person can study one subject forever and that was not my goal.  I wanted to feel a certain way within myself and I wanted more personal understanding and depth of spirituality.  Most likely...I look the same...I act the same...but within myself...I am different and it feels good.  That difference may never be visible to another being but it is there and I'm so thankful.
Is it crazy to number random thoughts?  Just consider it notes I didn't take and wish I had!!!
1. We are born with the light of Christ and it seems it never leaves.  I thought that dimmed when you received the Gift of the Holy Ghost.  I'm sure I read that it's part of us.  always.  Could I remember what gave me that thought?  No.  Which talk?  Do not know!  I like this thought because even if someone were doing things in their life that aren't exactly Mormon Kosher...to where the Holy Ghost takes a leave of absence...they would still have the Light of Christ.  I like this thought for those that have stepped away from the Gospel.  They still have a bit of guidance.  Now I really should put this in my Questions that I wonder about with no authoritative answer.  This is in my thinker spot of my brain.  Not important but I like the thought.
2. We are given the Gift of the Holy Ghost at Baptism. And the personal goal is to always keep/have the Spirit plus to live so we can continually have the Spirit.  We get the chance for a major weekly cleanse when we partake of the Sacrament (worthily. repentant.)
Sacrament prayer.
20:77 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this abread to the souls of all those who partake of it, that they may eat in remembrance of the body of thy Son, and bwitness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they are willing to take upon them the name of thy Son, and always remember him and keep his ccommandments which he has given them; that they may always have his dSpirit to be with them. Amen
20:79 O God, the Eternal Father, we ask thee in the name of thy Son, Jesus Christ, to bless and sanctify this awine to the souls of all those who drink of it, that they may do it in remembrance of the blood of thy Son, which was shed for them; that they may witness unto thee, O God, the Eternal Father, that they do always remember him, that they may have his Spirit to be with them. Amen.
121:46 The Holy Ghost shall be thy constant acompanion, and thy scepter an unchanging scepter of brighteousness and truth; and thy cdominion shall be an everlasting dominion, and without compulsory means it shall flow unto thee forever and ever.

3- This talk (Revelation by Dallin H. Oaks here)  really was amazing in hitting the nail on the head for me.  I understand now, on a deep level, that there are different forms of communications and he breaks it down to 8 purposes of those different forms.  There were things going on in my spirit and I was not realizing it was the Holy Ghost.  Recognizing the source of a lot of guidance etc. in my life made me thankful and filled with gratitude and thus prayerful.  giving credit where credit is due and with that recognition I have felt a spiritual personal growth spurt.  As I become more watchful and attuned with clearer inner vision, I see that I am blessed a lot!!  I am trying to memorize the 8 purposes.  Maybe I should memorize these means of communication also!  They are familiar.
***********
revelation/inspiration is communication from God to man
different ways:
face to face with God 
personal communication with angels
dreams during sleep
waking visions of mind (words...thoughts..communicated to mind)
sudden enlightenment
positive or negative feelings (about proposed courses of action)
inspiring performances
beautiful music
****************
 Eight different purposes served by communication from God: (1) to testify; (2) to prophesy; (3) to comfort; (4) to uplift; (5) to inform; (6) to restrain; (7) to confirm; and (8) to impel
****************
The above notes are from Elder Oaks talk and so is this quote...
As Elder Boyd K. Packer has stated, “Inspiration comes more as a feeling than as a sound” (“Prayers and Answers,” Ensign, November 1979, p. 19).
**********************
This continues to be a marvelous journey as I search diligently...that reminds me...
24 Search adiligently, bpray always, and be believing, and call things shall work together for your good, if ye walk uprightly and remember the dcovenant wherewith ye have covenanted one with another.
**************************************
I don't remember if I shared the quotes below or if I was just re-reading them...anyhow...I'm putting them here and you can skip over if I did a repeat!  there are 3 more talks that I really enjoyed under the meme!
*****************************
Spiritual Capacity.  Russell M. Nelson CR
Unless illness interferes, age does not diminish—it augments—the capacity for spiritual development.
****************************
However, we need to guard against false voices. Since the Holy Ghost can be felt in different ways by different people, how can we know for sure it is the Holy Ghost speaking? Elder Packer notes:
Not all inspiration comes from God (see D&C 46:7). The evil one has the power to tap into those channels of revelation and send conflicting signals which can mislead and confuse us. There are promptings from evil sources which are so carefully counterfeited as to deceive even the very elect (see Matthew 24:24). . . .
**********************

*******************************

The Holy Ghost: Our Infallible Guide

SALLY TAYLORBYU professor of EnglishNov. 5, 1996 • Devotional

******************************


Gifts of the Spirit for Hard Times

HENRY B. EYRINGof the Quorum of the Twelve ApostlesSep. 10, 2006 • Devotional


                                                       *********************

Witnesses in Stars and Stones

JOHN D. LAMBEliot A. Butler Professor of Chemistry and Associate Dean of General Education and Honors at BYUJan. 15, 2002 • Devotional

No comments: