Friday, January 31, 2020

Sharing my list....

I'm still on personal Liahona's.  This should be a PS to my last post!  Today I was re-reading President Nelson's talk at October General Conference at the Women's session and I was struck by the entire talk and this little bit below really stood out to me in line with my thoughts on the subject of  personal Liahona/compass.
********************

Oct 2019 President Russel M. Nelson  Spiritual Treasures here

From the dawning of time, women have been blessed with a unique moral compass—the ability to distinguish right from wrong. This gift is enhanced in those who make and keep covenants. And it diminishes in those who willfully ignore the commandments of God.


*********************************

Then I decided to list below, in order of year given, the talks that I so enjoyed.  Just wanted a record of them all together.  Thinking that you might like this also so I'm sharing it!
*************************

Oct 1976  President Spencer W. Kimball --Our Own Liahona  here

President Thomas S. Monson taught: “The same Lord who provided a Liahona for Lehi provides for you and for me today a rare and valuable gift to give direction to our lives. … The gift to which I refer is known as your patriarchal blessing” (Thomas S. Monson, “Your Patriarchal Blessing: A Liahona of Light,” Ensign, Nov. 1986, 65).

In the October 2005 general conference, Elder Lowell M. Snow of the Seventy said: “This very general conference is a modern Liahona, a time and place to receive inspired guidance and direction that prospers us” (“Compass of the Lord,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2005, 97).

Elder David A. Bednar taught: “The Holy Ghost operates in our lives precisely as the Liahona did for Lehi and his family, according to our faith and diligence and heed” (“That We May Always Have His Spirit to Be with Us,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2006, 31).

BYU speeches  1/16/2007  Boyd. K. Packer --Lehi's Dream & You  here





No comments: