Friday, January 17, 2020

Carrying on...

No matter the age or phase or time or situation or circumstance in our lives...nothing stays in a holding pattern.  We may get used to things and feel that this is the way that things will be forever.  And then...something unforeseen happens and the rug is abruptly jerked out from under us and we have to regroup.

I've been in a regroup mode and I withdrew and dropped a lot of things including just totally neglecting this blog.  I've done my blog for 10 years!  It's gone from long essays and soapboxing my personal opinions to dribbles and even no post at all.  As I thought about this blog, and how my original purpose was to share my love of the Gospel, I do think that I have done that.  The thing is I'm not sharing it anywhere!  It's just here.  You know what????  It's staying here.  There are pazillion blogs...beautifully done with lots of white space and brilliantly presented inspirational, inspiring quotes or whatever.  Mine is wordy and mostly black and white overload.  I told Terry...I'm going to stop blogging.  I'm done.  He said...Why would you do that?  That set me a pondering!

Am I thinking that Elder Ballard will somehow or other get word that I'm not doing an LDS Woman's blog up to par???  After all he gave me courage to act on my desire.

Am I thinking I'm not measuring up?  etc. etc.

I went down a rabbit hole for sure BUT I came up out of it and thought...

I am me.  I love to write.  I love to share my thoughts and life journey as I feel a connection to others endeavoring to walk that same covenant path.  I love to maybe help someone by remembering a talk or a quote or my take on life or a life experience.

Good grief!!!  what sort of ridiculous thinking is this??!  Just do it!  And hush up!  Who cares about your big decision??  

I'm just going to carry on.

**************

There is so much information available on the Book of Mormon to enhance and educate and remind us and educate us about whatever we are studying.  This week is Lehi's dream and I'm so happy I get to teach it (they haven't yet called a new teacher for 3rd week).

3 of my favorite things ...

1-the spacious building is up in the air.  No foundation.  It will eventually collapse.

2-the rod of iron is along the bank of the river 1 Ne. 8:19  It's not a far distance from the peril of the river.  It's right by it.  along the bank!  Protection?  Caution?  

3- my most favorite thing to contemplate is a paragraph from a talk that was given 13 years ago by Elder Packer.  It was true then and don't you think it's way over the top true now???  He mentioned TV...look at what we live with now!  Such a powerful little paragraph!  LOVE it!  

Largely because of television, instead of looking over into that spacious building, we are, in effect, living inside of it. That is your fate in this generation. You are living in that great and spacious building.   
Lehi's Dream and You by Boyd K. Packer -2007   here  


*****
I just read this...
The dangers Lehi saw in his dream are just as serious now as they were anciently. Elder Neil L. Anderson recently warned,
In our world today, the adversary’s construction crews are working overtime, hastily inflating the large and spacious building. The expansion has spread across the river, hoping to envelop our homes, while the pointers and the scoffers wail day and night on their internet megaphones . . . . Let us remember Lehi’s words: “We heeded them not.”
Sometimes it may be difficult to risk the disapproval and ridicule of others.

Although we need not fear, we are to be on guard. At times, little things can upend our spiritual balance. Please don’t allow your questions, the insults of others, faithless friends, or unfortunate mistakes and disappointments to turn you away from the sweet, pure, and soul-satisfying blessings that come from the precious fruit of the tree. Keep your eyes and your hearts centered on the Savior Jesus Christ and the eternal joy that comes only through Him.9


**************
Have great day!!

2 comments:

Celise said...

Despite all the wonderful blogs out there, yours is the only one I have continued to read! Your ideas and stories have blessed me, but most of all it's the love that I know is coming from you to all who read.

Nancy Seljestad said...

You inspire me, my dear Celise!
Thank you for reading my blog. I think of you and appreciate you!
I will forge ahead!
always love to you from me! xoxoxo