Wednesday, January 29, 2020

3 Personal Liahonas

I'm enjoying the Come Follow Me program so much.  I have so much freedom in my life to do what I want with my time and I'm just so into Scripture study... I use up time to read how much or whenever or whatever and I'm in Heaven!!  So thankful for today's technology that allows me access to my hearts content!

Maybe you saw this...BUT then again...maybe you didn't!

These 3 talks are so interconnected about each of us having a Liahona personal guidance, in 3 ways, through the Holy Ghost and General Conference and our Patriarchal blessings!  This was in my teachers manual.  I enjoyed each talk so much!!  I hope you enjoy them also!

Speaking of scripture study...I'm all excited because I found a new-to-me study guide that has the Book of Mormon and then Quotes down the sides of the pages!!  My dream come true...hopefully  mostly Conference talk quotes applicable to the Book of Mormon.  All together!  If it's all I hope it is...that will be what I use for this year of study.  I admit...I'm a General Conference nut!!

my new book should be here soon!!
  


Our “Liahonas.”
Elder David A. Bednar taught: “The Holy Ghost operates in our lives precisely as the Liahona did for Lehi and his family, according to our faith and diligence and heed” (“That We May Always Have His Spirit to Be with Us,” Ensign or Liahona, May 2006, 31).
In the October 2005 general conference, Elder Lowell M. Snow of the Seventy said: “This very general conference is a modern Liahona, a time and place to receive inspired guidance and direction that prospers us” (“Compass of the Lord,” Ensign or Liahona, Nov. 2005, 97).
President Thomas S. Monson taught: “The same Lord who provided a Liahona for Lehi provides for you and for me today a rare and valuable gift to give direction to our lives. … The gift to which I refer is known as your patriarchal blessing” (Thomas S. Monson, “Your Patriarchal Blessing: A Liahona of Light,” Ensign, Nov. 1986, 65).

No comments: