Wednesday, January 8, 2020

life

years ago in Homer, maybe 40!, there was a Missionary that served there and he was amazing!  One of those that you never forget and keep in touch with.  He was from Florida and most recently from Tennessee.  A knock on the door yesterday and voila!...there he stood with his wife!!  It was so wonderful to see him and visit!!!

Again the importance of making the best memories that you can popped into my mind.  Our association with him was the best so our shared memories are awesome.

******************

I'm really enjoying working on the challenges and projects that I've selected for myself.  I feel happy and peaceful about moving ahead incrementally over this entire year.  The online Cooking/Eating course I signed up for is 16 weeks and not 12!  I am loving it.  I'll let you know at the completion how I fared!

**************
There is so much available for reading/studying the Book of Mormon!  We are sorting out what works for the two of us to do together.

***********
I just want to share an experience that I recently had.  Last year after Christmas I put all of the Christmas things in one spot in the garage so they were super easy to get the few things that I put up this year.  I had a large tote for the take-apart Christmas tree and then two boxes for the Nativity and for the winter scene.  When I was ready to take things down and put away...I saw the tote but the 2 boxes were not to be found.  I looked everywhere.  Jeanee had put the tote and boxes out there so I was hoping she'd know where they were and decided I'd give her a call when I was beyond ready and was actually going to do it.  Came the day and I checked one more time and thought...well, I'll take the tote in and call her about the two boxes.  At that point a prompt came and I heard...the boxes are in the tote.

I opened the tote and yes!...the two boxes were there.

That reminds me of the time about the voice prompt to look in that purse I took to the theater that had my drivers license in it.

The fact that these events have no bearing on serious things in my life and they are not emergencies and in the long run, at some point I would have found the drivers licence and as soon as I would have opened the tote , I would have seen the two boxes...it just touches my heart.  Touches my heart that things like that happen.  It also increases my faith that my needs are known...large/dramatic or small/seemingly insignificant...and personal prompts come.

I'm thankful for experiences like this.

No comments: