Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Start of Sorting!

At different times I miss Dixie...Usually when it's something familiar that she did or we wanted to just call and share about something we read or heard about.  This is the time of year that she would call me and remind me...Nancy, be sure you go to Wendy's and order their fish sandwich.  They only sell it during Lent and it's the best ever.  After you go, call me and tell me how it was.

She loved eating out and ate business lunches almost daily for her entire career.  She had the ability to put people at ease.  She was so beautiful.  I miss her so much.

***********************

Kip just got back from Seattle so we bought the banquet table today.  Table?  You don't remember?  RootTech!  I decided to organize all letters and printed stories etc. and calling it MeDoingGenealogy.  I was suppose to start on March 1st but Kipper didn't get back.  So today was start day.

It's a 6' long banquet table.  The Murphy Bed is folded up so it's right in front of those doors.  I'm starting with the top trunk.  It has lots of letters from way back plus baby shoes that all of my boys wore.  Itty bitty pale blue corduroy.  Adorable!  They survived all of these many years! 

There is also an apology note written on a piece of scrap wood by one of our sons.  He was suppose to do the dishes and Terry brought him home some little trinket and he felt so bad.  I remember us coming in and seeing the wood chunk propped up.  It touched my heart so much.

Dad,
I'm sorry for what I did about the dishes.  I don't deserve what you gave me.  I hope you still like me as a son.  You can give it to gerg or anybody. sorry. 
Kipper


******************

My work is cut out for me!!!  I'm ready to take it on!





inside the trunk!
Out of the trunk!


  Reams of paper--all filled with letters!  Letters that go way back.  Of course I will keep you posted!

What did you decide to do after hearing those RootTech talks?  I am looking forward to getting this project done!

No comments: