Sunday, March 19, 2017

Huff and Puff..

Today is Stake Conference Sunday session and here I am at home.  Rough time yesterday, really rough all night, for Terry, so I am here with my honey.  Greg went to SC and will give me the details.  I was looking at a Desseret News article and realized I'm still not done with my soap boxing....
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles (sheet music cover).jpeg
still at it!
 Yesterday I decided to review what was in the Youth Standards booklet and see what the latest counsel was on Chastity/Purity.  Had anything been added, that years ago wasn't mentioned in Standard Nights etc. from long ago?  The counsel was very straight forward.  In the do not lie on top of another person and the do not touch the private, sacred parts of another person’s body, with or without clothing...cannot be misunderstood.

From Booklet- Never do anything that could lead to sexual transgression. Treat others with respect, not as objects used to satisfy lustful and selfish desires. Before marriage, do not participate in passionate kissing, lie on top of another person, or touch the private, sacred parts of another person’s body, with or without clothing. Do not do anything else that arouses sexual feelings. Do not arouse those emotions in your own body. Pay attention to the promptings of the Spirit so that you can be clean and virtuous. The Spirit of the Lord will withdraw from one who is in sexual transgression.


This photo taking behavior is a reality and I guess I have to get with the program and actually state the obvious.  I always have gone the route of...when the car turns off- you get out...car wheels not turning?- get out of car and get inside ....stay out of the dark with your date/boyfriend...no touching bathing suit areas...etc. etc.  old school stuff that is true but now needs to be updated with specifics?

 Desseret News articles.  here  and here

You dear sweet little Momma's with your darling little kiddos...watch out for the fox in the hen house or is that a wolf in sheep's clothing?  Whatever the guise- the big bad wolf is huffing and puffing and determined to blow your house in!  

























(okay.  I've read enough.  I've said enough.  I will be alert to world happenings but I'll focus on helping the Laurel girls I work with to gain a testimony that will protect them in their decision making.  'Nuff said!)

No comments: