Friday, March 31, 2017

Life is good!

I feel thankful for so many things!  Thankful that I'm feeling better and the Rx is doing it's thing and thankful this is just a bump in the road and not a huge mountain to climb.

Lately, with a lot of quiet time lazing about, I've given a lot of thought to the amazing women that I know.  Every single woman, be it family or friend, are just incredibly amazing!  Seasoned women or baby chicks, no matter the age...they enrich my life!  Whether we talk daily or seldom, they just bring me such richness.  I am thankful beyond words for each of them!  Each has a star quality that makes my life whole.

All are at different stages in mortality and all are storm troupers in handling what life presents for them to figure out how to make things work.  From Sarah (who is adopting 3 children today and bringing the total of her brood to 11) to unmarried sisters Cheryl & Shawna (best Aunts ever)- all are fantastic women.  My life is better because of women that give their all.  Our Ward roster, all by itself, yields enough heroine names to keep me going always!

*********************

Sarah- I've known her since she was a young girl and ended up being involved in YW with her and was her Laurel teacher.  She is from a family of women that have the highest energy level of anyone I've ever known!  Sarah has that gene (lucky girl!!) and boy, does she know how to work it.  She manages the entire works of a huge family and goes overboard in accomplishments.  Nothing seems to daunt her and her Hubby shares the same interest in the family (one of those bonus men--loves to cook!).  She told me I can post this picture from this morning of the adoption.  The children's range of ages, you ask?....17 15 14 12 11 10 8 6 6 4 2.  The youngest little girl and the two young boys, sort of behind her, were the ones adopted today.  They are biological siblings.

Image may contain: 14 people, people smiling, people sitting and indoor

*******************************

This morning I was thinking that a story could be written of each woman that I know in how they deal with life and what they've learned!  as they learn, I watch and I learn also.

Three snippets of MountainClimbingWomen--

1- Kaelene and her husband are on an LDS Humanitarian Mission to Africa.  We go way back in time to our Alaska years.  She was in Soldotna and her Dad was the District President.  She was a young girl.
We lived in Homer and I was the District YW President.

Fast forward several years.  She was in her late teen years.  Maybe early 20's.  We had left Alaska and now WA was our home.  Seattle was our Temple.

20 some years ago I was in a Temple session and looked over and was startled to see Kaelene!  I went back and forth looking at her and trying to see if that was really her.

Yes.  It really was her.  She was there with a dear friend that was taking out her endowments.

Kaelene was one of 4 children and had one younger sister.  Lisa.

She shared with me the tragedy of what happened.  Lisa had been killed in a horrific accident.  Leaving behind 4 little boys.  ages- 6. 4. 3. 10 months.

Kaelene said that Lisa had done two things that were unusual before her death.  One- she completely organized all photos etc. and made scrapbooks for her boys.  Two- she weaned her baby.

Kaelene said she always nursed past 10 months and questioned why she was doing that but Lisa said it was time.

Makes you think doesn't it?

March 22nd marked 22 years since the accident.  The boys are now 28, 26, 25, 23.

Kaelene also lost her brother in a tragic accident.  She has never faltered, in spite of her heartache and heartbreak.

2 & 3  The Temple has reopened and I was excited to go.  Excited because it was open and excited to go with a local friend that was diagnosed with terminal cancer several months ago.  The session was glorious! (my late friend, Myra Faye's favorite word!).

There are new pictures in the Temple!  29 to be exact (well, I think that is what they said!)  I'd not been there since the winter stormy weather and thought they were new from the recent closure. Nope. They were changed in December.  I'm eager to get back to going weekly.

Anyhow...the new paintings are gorgeous.  Interesting to me is the fact they are all copyrighted and can only be used by the Church in Temples.  We were so touched by the power of the art that a kind Temple worker sister took us on a "tour" down the hallways.

The next day I felt privileged to be invited, along with my friend Carol, to a family birthday lunch celebrating a mutual friends birthday.  I love this woman that was diagnosed with terminal cancer 5 years ago.  I have watched her rise like the Phoenix and soar.  It was a joyous celebratory lunch with two of her children and their young children in tow.  A brand new baby granddaughter, that I'd not yet seen plus to hug the new Mommy that is a dear friend also.  It was a time of happiness and joy.  Wonder and amazement.

Both of these super amazing women refuses to talk negatively about their health.  They look to God and fill themselves with good thoughts and music and scriptures and family and friends.  Each bears fervent testimony to the goodness of the Lord and the power of prayer and the value of scriptures and the miracles they see in their lives.  They live in gratitude and amazement at the Heavenly help they receive.  Each declares conversationally,  in personal testimony, their love of the Gospel and all that entails.

Today- each of these women are out of town...one headed to a weekend getaway to celebrate the end of treatment and awaiting results of last tests.  The other is headed to General Conference!  Propelled by faith!
***************

Each of us are MountainClimbers and I appreciate your example to me as you & I climb!



No comments: