Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Lilting

a lilting frame of mind...a sense of lilting.  Can that noun be used beyond some sort of musical experience?  Well, I'm thinking so- as I sensed the pleasure of lilting this morning.  A very relaxed and comfortable and comforting emotion.  all wrapped into familiarity of those that I was with. 

As I ease back into my life, minus trips to Eagle and care for Dixie, I'm overwhelmed with gratitude for my Church membership.

All I did was attend a baby shower.  In and of itself, no different than the hundreds of other baby showers I've attended over my lifetime.  The usual gender colored table setting and treats and gift table and silly games that we all seem to draw blanks on the obvious answers.

Today was a pink theme and we all oh-ed and aw-ed at the adorable baby clothes.

It was the first time in a long time that I've attended a social with this group of women that are valuable to me.  They all knew that Dixie had passed on.  Some are more comfortable with that fact than others.  I waved hello and went and sat with a neighbor who for the moment was setting alone.

There was something so serene to me about being there.  Did I talk to everyone?  Greet everyone?  Did everyone come say hi to me?  No. No and No.  Did I care?  Did it matter?  No and No.  I was just there because I wanted to be.  Did I know all of the women there?  Yes, with the exception of one young woman.

I had no expectation except to just be there.  AND I loved it.  Chelle and Joyce are friends that are so supportive and they sat with me.  Others also.  I enjoyed hearing about the Cub event (what was it called?) and just chit-chat about life happenings.

The weather was hot and I always cover up (you don't see camel riders doing their desert riding unless they are covered!)  Everyone else looked cool and summery and happy and relaxed.  so pleasant to be in that mode!

I was reminded again of the blessings and benefits of church membership and the value of regular attendance.  That affords me the luxury of being surrounded by tenderness and kindness and caring allows me to have that lilting sensation.

Lilt: a light pleasant rhythm

I could easily picture every woman in a flower dress and sunhat, fanning herself, dabbing her brow with her lace-edged hanky, and enjoying the iciness of cool fresh water.  Beautiful caring women that I love to associate with.  That is the relaxed way I felt. 

I know.  I know.  I get carried away descriptively but really it was the best feeling to feel lilty-like!  Still lingering and I'm soaking it up!

*********************
Dixie loved recipe books.  She loved to read them and mark everything with sticky notes that she felt sounded delicious.  I'd give her recipe books for her birthday on occasion.  After her diagnosis, I gave her more recipe books and then would occasionally buy the same one for me.  Then she'd call me and tell me what to look up and we'd talk about it.  Today I sorted through some of the books she had my niece return to me.  so now I have several duplicates...Church Supper Cookbook/Essential Mormon Cookbook/Dinnertime-Ree Drummond/make it ahead-Ina Garten.  Plus  Southern Living cookbooks.  I will gift them to friends and family.  I love seeing the sticky notes spilling over.  She marked a lot!

********************
Our grandson had his 4th major surgery today.  Hopefully he will now be able to get on with healing.  He will go to a nursing home rehab to learn how to maneuver in a wheelchair and how to live without standing on his feet.  no walking at all.  maybe for 2-3 months.  we will find out as he progresses past this operation what the rehab plan is. 

*******************
The evening before I left for the funeral I had an accident in the roundabout over by ShopKo.  I was headed towards the freeway and was on the outside aiming towards the freeway home.  A big truck, that I thought was on the inside track, hit his center bumper on my left rear by the light/and the lower fender area.  He said I did not yield.  I really don't know how I hit him when he was behind me but I do know it was just a bit to much for me to handle right then.  It wasn't his finest moment as he jumped out of his truck, waving his arms and yelling at me.  I just started sobbing and said my sister just died.  I don't know if I thought this gave me an excuse or what but it was just overwhelming to have him hollering at me.  A friend had offered to drive me over for the funeral and I did think that maybe I'd need help but the car was okay.  I was totally rattled.  Terry was kind and wonderful.  I called the Ins. company and they were so kind and told me to get in touch when I got back.  I'm now ready to get in touch with them.  I do not like stuff like this.  (Later that evening the man called and apologized for his behavior.  Poor guy.  He was really waving his arms and yelling)

***************************
I love the teachings of the Gospel and the comfort it gives me.  I know Dixie is doing just fine and I need to be doing just fine also.  Getting back into living life to the fullest, with enjoyment, is the way I want to live.  There is still a lot on my plate but so is there on yours.  that is how life is.  Let's live.






No comments: