Wednesday, June 15, 2016

A quiet time.

I've not had any crying jags but just a steady welling of tears that spill over and glide down my cheeks.  It's a quiet time of introspection...thinking of my talk for her funeral...gratitude for her courage and peaceful exit from life which was just as she desired--in her home, surrounded by family...and personal thankfulness that I have no regrets in our relationship.

When we were girls we shared a full-size bed.  Each time I went over to see her, I'd climb up on her bed and we'd visit.  This last time she was talking to me about when we were girls. 



I'm enjoying quiet solitude.  Just mulling over life...mine...hers...everyone's...life's purpose. and... the amazing strength and comfort the gospel gives.

*********************

Kim, our granddaughter, shared this yesterday about our grandson...

Update on Kip:
Thank you all for the love and prayers. Kip had his 2nd surgery today. It took 6 hours to repair the damage. Kip's doctor said it's the worst injury he has seen in a long time. Surgery went well, however Kip lost a lot of blood and required a blood transfusion. He is currently in critical care, but stable. Even in his current state, my amazing husband is still making jokes. Love this guy.



No comments: