Tuesday, February 2, 2016

An Uplifting Day...

Today I was glad that I've made the 2016 commitment to take charge and regroup with handling of my life.  It is what it is and I cannot change any of the going-on's healthwise but I can do the otherwise things!

This morning was a Dr. appointment...car at clinic by 9:05am and home at 12:20pm.  hours of sitting and I forgot a book and my little travel phone and they did not have a single magazine anywhere in this lovely new clinic!!  Plus they were running super late.  So after consult/conversation and needle pokes and blood draws and a shot and x-rays and ekg's and all that sort of stuff that happens sometimes...I finally pulled into my driveway!

It was wonderful to walk in and have BasicLowStandard with no clutter around.  I could sit, without guilt or pressure, and just relax.  Because the entire morning had been eaten up time wise, I had no desire to cook.  I knew there was a package of Jeanee's spaghetti sauce, that she had made at her Dad's request, so I dug in my little kitchen freezer and hit pay dirt!  Perfect!!  EasyPeasey delicious dinner.

One of my Laurels was going to come by and visit mid-afternoon and I wish I'd had some sort of treat or juice ready when she arrived with her sister.  Next time.  I'll be ready next time!  It was a great visit anyhow!

**********************

Our granddaughter Grace is such a fantastic dancer!!  She was just in a dance convention/competition in Nevada.  She took 2nd place overall.  Girls of all ages!  Amazing! 

Love this girly!!!

Grace's Dad, our sweet son David, is devoted to her.  Here he is helping to sew a costume at the event!  Love this!  I also loved what his sister said about him and this picture....

"This is my brother.... One of the most extraordinary men you'll ever meet. He's covered in tattoos and muscles and loves adrenalin and has the most gentle soul and enormous tender heart of anyone. I adore him more than words."

Man of many talents!


**************************

While I was sitting and waiting with nothing to do but think...I enjoyed contemplating the unique take on the CR talk we listened to today.  It has an entirely different slant to it in how we can help people.  I'm sharing 3 paragraphs and then when time permits read the talk or watch the video.  You will really enjoy his approach.

Marvin J. Ashton- CR October 1971  He Took Him by the Hand - here

How beautiful in the eyes of the Lord are the spiritually well, those who have been taken by the hand and lifted up and made spiritually whole. How beautiful in the eyes of the Lord are those who take the time to lift the needy hand. Peace of mind only comes to us when we are spiritually healed. True joy comes from within. Freedom from a troubled soul is a worthy goal of all.

Healings are not to be made the subject of pride and boasting. Rather, healings should be used to lift self and others to greater heights and service. May we not appropriately conclude the lift can be more important than the healing.

Certainly the greatest miracles of our day are the lifting and healing of troubled souls. Spiritual strength is a priceless possession available to those who will endure in righteousness. The healing of the troubled soul gives health and strength to those dead in things righteous. Purity, faith, hope, and charity are restored, making the once spiritually sick whole.

No comments: