Thursday, December 17, 2015

What a great opportunity!


Holding my breath to see if this is actually going to work and allow me to do my blog and send/receive email!!  Have a new setup and after practically pulling my hair and screeching in frustration...here we go!! 

This is just a quick post because I want to get it out pronto!  It's an opportunity for all of us to do a little Christmas gifting!  In July the Washington Yakima Mission was formed.  I read the blog of the MP's wife...Anne Lewis.  Anne is from Utah and knows Wendy, a friend of mine- from Zillah who now lives in Utah, where she met Anne before her Mission call.  Are you with me?...Anyhow on the Mission blog she showed all the Christmas mail that had come in...mounds and stacks all over the place!  Then later she posted Missionaries standing by the piles of packages.  It really hit me...what if, for whatever reason, some missionaries or even one missionary, had no packages!! 

I contacted Sister Lewis (Anne) and asked that question.  There are 5 with no Christmas mail/packages.  The Mission home will put together something for them BUT you and I can add to those boxes!!  You can drop socks or ties or candy treats or gloves or whatever you feel would be nice for the 4 Elders.  She said a card with an encouraging note would be so welcome. (Address at end.)

In this mix of 5 their is one Sister!  She has never received a letter or email or package since she came on her Mission.  She is new to the Mission field.  36 years old.  was adopted at some point by her 80 year old Grandma.  She was preparing herself to be a nun and a year or so ago, the missionaries taught and baptized her.  She has no one else that is LDS.  The picture Sister Lewis sent me...she looks so sweet.  (I'll see if I can share that with you)  She looks like she wears jewel tones and not pastels.  She was wearing cardigans/scarves.  Sister Lewis says size XL would work.

You can drop something off for her, if you want, when you maybe give a treat to the 4 Elders for their Mission Office boxes.

This is also the mailing address for those of you out of State.

Yakima Mission Office
1006 S. 16th Ave.
Yakima WA 98902

Sister Lewis said I could email her and Sister Call (works in Mission office.  hubby counselor??) said you can too!!

Desiree.Danger@myldsmail.net

Let's support Sister Danger on her Mission!!!

just a portion of the packages...



I can't stand for someone to not receive a gift!!!  Look how happy this Elder is!!

No comments: