Monday, December 21, 2015

Life...

So I have a new set-up and I'm so in hopes that all my tech problems are over.  I am below low-tech...I am no-tech.  I am at the mercy of computers and if a human is needed to answer questions in what to me is Computery- a foreign language- then I have to take advantage of my son and ask so many questions, that he finally just comes over and fixes whatever.  This time it involved buying a new outfit, and I don't mean clothes, an All in One (supposedly trouble free.  time will tell on that!)

********
Today a friend's Mother unexpectedly died.  My heart goes out to her and her sweet little family.  I remember when my Daddy died (yes.  I called him Daddy all my life).  I was at the hospital and realizing that this was the first time I'd lost a family member and I was now in the Church.  I wondered if it would hold true.  If I would survive it.  How it would feel.  Would the Gospel really hold up and hold me up to be able to endure such a loss?  Yes...it did all I'd hoped and more.  I felt comforted and all of the scriptures and things I'd studied about death really held firm and I was thankful, so thankful for the Gospel.

One year in our life we had a family event just filled with heartache and tragedy.  It was one of those...how can I possible bear this?...situations.  Someone commented that it was a shame to have this happening during the Christmas season...to mar it.  I told them this was the best time to have heartache and sorrow because everywhere I look I see Christmas lights and I hear Christmas Carols and I see wonderful Christmas programs.  I feel the Spirit as I see these tangible items and driving by houses of strangers or walking through commercial stores...lights everywhere.  I am the Light of the world, He said.  He is my light and He is your light and He is Julianna's light and she has great faith that will sustain her through the days ahead.

**********************************

When my turn to leave this earth arrives...I hope my friends and family will remember...



Written by Henry Scott Holland-- (27 January 1847 – 17 March 1918) He was Regius Professor of Divinity at the University of Oxford



No comments: