Monday, August 31, 2015

more of Life's lessons!!

So...things fell apart in my personal world and I didn't feel so healthy and ended up not going to see my sister and then I think the following two pictures are the --worth more than a thousand words-- that describe my 7 days. 

Really????!!!  it was only 7!!???   Felt like 7 years when I was in the midst of my massive co-dependency attack!  Trying to keep everyone happy and sheltered and protected and even-keeled and kumbahyaw-ie and eating s'mores! 

I had a wake-up call on not really telling a lie but not really telling the truth about a family members behavior and realized I was being an enabler of sorts.  We co-dependents will bend over backwards to make sure everyone is happy!  Whitewashers for sure are we co-d folks!!  Whitewashing all over the place!!  Life is as it is...in technicolor and that true color, needs to be my life lens. Not hazy.  No greying.  Just reality as it really is!! 

So I read (as I mentioned before), prayed, studied, pondered, thought and decided I really can't act like that anymore.  Felt so good and felt so freeing and I'm ready to move on (again!!)  I must be brave and speak my truth.  I don't have to be a raving raging bulldozer but I don't need to filter any given situation and make it fit my self-conceived mold of a bowl of happiness for all. I am not the happy-maker fairy for everyone!  Actually...no one!  well, with exception of me and of course!...you!

I felt like this dunk tank victim.  He asked for it!!!   As did I!!
Maybe I just bumped it but it felt like I sat for a bit!!   OUCH!!!  Yep.  I sat a split second!!  Misery!!

No comments: