Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Decisions

A busy Monday with some regular mundane but necessary tasks, that somehow or other in the familiar routine of the doing are soothing and sort of comforting.  Just plain old laundry, spreading up the bed and those sort of things.  

Taking care of some Stake assignments as given by the Stake RSP.  Lots of details.

Reading some Conference talks (my most favorite literature in the world!)

That is where my time was spent, thoughts sort of free flowing and not always focused on what I was doing, as my heart was elsewhere.

Thoughts of my friend.  A sister in the Gospel.  Having to make decisions that I don't want her to have to make.  A nursing home or Hospice?  Just the words make me teary.  Knowing what that means.  We all talk at times about the final scene of our life and we all want just a quick passage.  We don't want to drag things out, have to make choices, have to suffer.  We just want to go.  And we for sure don't want to have to decide those details for someone that we've spent most of our life with.  Our spouse.

We believe in miracles.  He's rallied before.  Many times over the last 4-1/2 years.  Will that happen one more time?

When we moved here from Alaska, our Alaskan friends- the Whites, told us about this amazing couple and how good they were.  Salt of the earth.  Always doing kind deeds and helping people out.  Living the Gospel as the Savior did in "going about doing good".  They were more than everything described.

Carol has never stopped reaching out to all of us, in every possible way, while simultaneously caring for Lee.  She is amazing.

At noon we munched a hamburger at her favorite old diner and visited.  I marveled at her loveliness.  She is so beautiful.  Coiffed hair.  Cute clothes on her gorgeous figure.  Her jewelery adorning her. I see signs of a life long-lived on her face and well-worn hands that are always busy and think...I'm with an angel.  This verse popped into my mind....

The errand of angels is given to women;
And this is a gift that, as sisters, we claim:
To do whatsoever is gentle and human,
To cheer and to bless in humanity’s name.



No comments: