Tuesday, March 27, 2012

An admitted tailgater

Driving to my Dad's funeral, I remember looking out the side window and seeing life just going on as always.  People walking down sidewalks, talking and laughing.  Hustle and bustle.  Cars honking.  Lots of noise and movement.  I thought something so dramatic, so impactful had happened in my life, and they just all went on like nothing had changed.  Shouldn't life stop for at least a few minutes while we drove past?  Didn't anyone care?  No respect at all? 

I've come to understand that a death, without our previous emotional involvement in the life of the one now gone, doesn't register in the same way.  While I will weep over the loss of a family/friend and sorrow over separation, for those unknown to me that have passed on?-- I have sympathy for their loss but not the sense of heartache.  Even with the loss of my friends husband, and my emotional attachment and heartfelt feelings for her...my own life just keeps on moving ahead.  That is the right rhythm of life.  We must keep on moving along.

Our Alaskan friends, our Ward's first Bishop and his wife, will be here for the funeral so we are getting ready for them to stay with us.  Thinking about table centerpieces and working with my friend on that venture.  Planning when to cook my part of the Thursday funeral meal and what to feed our friends while they are here.  Getting a call to help with a judging contest of cooking at YM/YW.  Declined.  Getting ready for a planning meeting for a Woman's Conference Thursday night.

There is one event that I have looked forward to for the last couple of months.  General Conference!!!  It's this Saturday and Sunday!!!! This is my Super Bowl event.   I love being in my own home.  I watch every single hour of Conference and also record all the events in-between, in case I doze off watching the extras!!  I remind myself of those tailgate football folks!!  I have munchies to eat, wear my bathrobe, don't answer the phone, draw the drapes, hole up and enjoy hours of heavenly inspiration.  I admit it....I'm a fanatic about General Conference.

I pray for these speakers.  I believe these speakers receive inspiration and they speak truth.  It's a love fest for me and I'm on spiritual overload!!  

When I first joined the Church I did not feel that way but I grew into understanding what General Conference is and the enjoyment of hearing pure truth.  I'll tell about that later.  Maybe tomorrow.

Are you ready for some Conference!!!!!?????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nick Ibarra always send links for kiddos to enjoy Conference.  Thanks Nick!
  
April 2012 Conference Packets
It is that time of year again. Here are a few General Conference packets.
Click on the link for packets. Enjoy.
 

No comments: