Sunday, April 1, 2018

Wow!!!!!

Not in my wildest imagination would I have thought that I would witness the most unusual General Conference ever!  It was like amazing announcement after amazing announcement after amazing announcement!

I loved and enjoyed every single solitary minute!!  Right from the beginning with the Solemn Assembly up to the very end, and I mean very end, with announcing 7 new Temples!  India!  Russia!
Changing things that have been in place forever it seems...HomeTeaching. Visit Teaching. High Priests Quorum.  Elders Quorum.  Two new Apostles!  -- an Asian American!  one born in Brazil!  It's almost to much to just list off the top of my head!

History was made today with all of these announced changes and I loved I got to witness it!

I loved when Elder Holland mentioned..."rushes of revelation".  Suggesting it might bring on heart problems and then acknowledging that the Prophet could fix that.  He then said...What a Prophet!

It will be wonderful to read and glean and absorb all of the great counsel over these 2 days.  Those first talks were amazing, weren't they???  I don't remember ever having heard them speak.  What powerful testimonies!!!!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

A-MA-ZING!!! The whole conference was so wonderful. Pres.Nelson sure hit the ground running. Wow! I'm feeling such a connection with him. I've loved Pres. Hinckley and Monson, but Pres. Nelson has this love and kindness about him. What a wonderful time in the church. ❤

Unknown said...

And I just loved how it seemed there wouldn't be and couldn't he one more announcement, and then to seal the conference he announced the seven new temples. The cherry on top!

Nancy Seljestad said...

I am so with you! It was like goodness on top of goodness!! It is such a truly exciting time and to have witnessed this amazing shift and change is just mind-boggling!
Those 7 Temples...sort of like...and Oh, by the way....right before closing prayer!
President Nelson has such a sweetness and calmness about him. Gives such a certain witness.
There was a huge amount of amazement Churchwise when it was announced that all men could be ordained and then the Berlin Wall torn down and the Cold War ending...the announcements/pronouncements at this Conference were that amazing to me. A huge shift in the Church!! LOVE it!!!