Monday, April 2, 2018

Comic Book?-hmmm

So I thought I was purchasing 6 individual illustrated comic books.  remember?--here  Turns out it is 6 books within a single book.  I felt let down.  Evidently I didn't read closely enough!

I've just thumbed through it and a couple of the illustrations were sort of creepy/scary to me.  I was trying to figure out why.  The Spirit of the Lord, like in Nephi's request to understand his father's dream, is a white figure/outlined in blue, hair standing on end.  all of that is fine and I get it but he has no eyes!!  an eye outline but no eyeball! It spooked me.  Angels have a more flesh toned but still no eyes.  Christ is completely fleshed out including eyes.

Maybe they wanted a very careful delineation of who the characters were?  they are definitely individualistic and I can see you wouldn't get mixed up with who is speaking as you read.

So the jury is still out on how I feel about this comic book and if I even want to keep it.  At this point, I won't be asking the parents of my Primary students if I can share the book.

I will read and see if it's true to the Scripture.  Maybe I'm to quick and harsh a judge?

*************************

Still reveling in all of the changes and fantastic talks at GC.

No comments: