Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Temple...

Finally did get to go to Temple!  Today!  Things did not work out yesterday but today was so great!  I really like the 10am session, as it sort of covers the base of maybe having interrupted sleep and not having to drag myself out of bed, for the earlier one at 8am.  At one time that 8am was my favorite.  Things change and the Temple is accommodating with so many time choices.  Now 10am is my new fave!  But...thinking I'll skip Wednesday!  It was filled to overflowing.  seats up the aisle and in front of the front row seats also!  The amazing thing was the ratio in attendees...9 Men! 40 Women!!!  I scheduled for Tuesday next week.

I love the blessings that come into personal lives through Temple attendance...mine included.  What a blessing to have a Temple so close by!

Coming and going, as I drove past Prosser, you couldn't miss those huge signs on gigantic poles to get the attention of all on the highway.  Those ones that have the McDonalds logo or other fast foods, like KFC, or available gas stations and then there was the huge SignOfTheTimes fare! ... An oversized rectangle, on a huge pole, bright/brilliant colored background, wide width block print, switching the word from POT to WEED.  flashing and changing and never stopping!  The world in which we live!

What a contrast, to the joy of General Conference and the counsel given, by Prophets, that we are followers of the Savior and we need to counterbalance worldliness and spread His Word and live and do as much good as we can, in our desire to be like Him.  That is the way we are headed.

The front of the Columbia River Washington Temple on a spring day, with pink blossoms on the trees and a blue sky full of clouds behind the spire.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Beautiful picture Nancy. Hubby and I and daughter and her hubby are going to the open house of the Jordan Temple today. It has been closed for remodeling. It's a beautiful temple and I am anxious to see what they have done. My daughter, Cindi, who passed away last year loved the temple. During her 15 month fight against cancer she went often. Even though she had had a stroke at the beginning of her cancer fight and it had left her with speech problems, the temples were all very accommodating with her. The picture of her in her temple clothing as we dressed her is vivid in my mind. She looked so beautiful and peaceful.
By the way, the folic acid I told you about...I bought 800 mcg's at Walmart and I take one a day. It's very inexpensive. God bless you, Nancy!

Nancy Seljestad said...

It still seems so unreal to me that you lost your daughter! She sounded so wonderful!
I'm glad you told me where you got your folic acid. Costco didn't have it.
I am definitely getting a bottle!
The online pictures of the Jordan River Temple are so gorgeous!!

Natalie said...

Yes, Nancy...it does seem unreal that she is gone. However, she fought for 15 months which I am sure was really hard on her. In that 15 months, the rest of us got used to the possibility that cancer would win. She really was a remarkable woman...in all the ways that really count. As I have told you, we were all with her when she took that last breath. It was a spiritual experience...hard to explain, but she looked so very peaceful. Our hearts sill hurt. My hubby saw her in a dream and he said she looked beautiful...had a glow about her and she was happy. I miss her.

Nancy Seljestad said...

Love is so binding!
Your willingness to accept the Lord's will is beautifully spoken here. Acceptance of the reality of the happenings is not an easy task to do. thanks for sharing your thoughts and heart! xoxox