Thursday, March 29, 2018

Comic Book Style

Today I plan on going to the Temple and I'm really looking forward to it.  With the passage of Winter Weather, and safe driving pretty much guaranteed 24/7, I can get back to a weekly visit.  That sounds so great to me.  Sometimes I need to abruptly change plans & cancel, because of needing to be here with Hubby, so I gave up the idea of trying to take others.  I'm fine flying solo as it gives me time to think and pray.  That talk, for Women's Conference, will be in my thoughts for sure!  And...of course!-General Conference!!

Today I was reminded, from years and years ago, about a comic book of sort called - Book of Mormon on Trial.  I remember thumbing through it and all of the conversation about it...was it true to the real Book of Mormon? and that sort of thing.  A big buzz of excitement but honestly I was lost in the whirl, as I didn't even know the stories from the real Book of Mormon well enough, to be able to compare and put in my two cents!  I remember the fellow's name Jack West.

Anyhow...today I see that there are 6 Volumes, comic book style, of The Book of Mormon available and I ordered them.  I will ask the parents of my Primary class if they will allow their children to borrow the books and read them.  the article is here

Trying to remember if at one time I had one of those Trial books.  I remember it was a large paperback with a tan cover.  If so....I should have hung onto it as it would now be a Collector Item!  That would have been in the late 1960's.  Now they have the 3rd Printing available.  I should have bought it also!

No comments: