Sunday, March 25, 2018

Last check-up

What a great Sunday!  I'm so eager for General Conference that I can hardly wait and today makes it that much closer! Only 6 days away!

Started in on my new study Book of Mormon and it is great!  Just like I thought it would be.  Have only read a bit so I need to read it longer than a couple of days but the reading so far is just bliss!

Tomorrow is a big day for me...day trip to UofW for my final check up on my surgery.  A quick (hopefully quick) peek at my 5 incisions and giving me a thumbs up and having the surgeon declare that I'm ready and can resume fun things like vacuuming the rug and mopping the porch and raking leaves and picking up cast iron skillet/crockpot/heavy pans and handling lifting/hauling groceries and all that sort of fun stuff!... I want that power in my life again!  Setting up the porch!!  Yes!! Awww...independence and total freedom to slave away and enjoy it!  The ability to lift anything I want with no 9# restriction!  A desired gift!  6 weeks has seemed mighty long but I was as careful as I could be and followed instructions to the best of my ability.  I don't want more time tacked on!  I want freedom!

Planned menu for our upcoming Conference weekend, of binge watching all day Saturday and Sunday, sounds pretty weird but we are having lasagna, salad, and for dessert?--Mincemeat pie!  Things that will be cooked in advance and can be eaten at will and not miss a moment of General Conference.   Yeppers...that is a weird menu!  That is what happens when you can be totally self-indulgent and eat any strange combination of foods that you choose!  Aging has lots of perks! 

Still thinking about getting my ear piercing re-done.  thinking.  only thinking.





No comments: