Thursday, March 22, 2018

Moving ahead...

My hair is cut short but I resisted doing it myself!  It was rather straggly and I was thinking that I'd find someone to style it for me.  Someone that works with fine hair...fine hair that now is thinning hair!  When I asked my friend for the phone number...the fellow is not working!  So back to SuperCuts.  Actually the end result looked decent and elicited lots of positive comments.  In all honesty, I don't know if it looks as great, as some said, or it was just so cleaned up and non-straggly that it appeared stylish!  I'm just going to keep going to SuperCuts.  Always!  Okay.  for now.

I'm still stewing over my cowardliness to get my ears poked.  I know I need to go and do it and soon before they close the Yakima Clarice's store.  Maybe it is closed.  One friend that is encouraging (pushing me) threw out the threat...if you don't go to Clarice's before they close then you will have to go to a tattoo parlor!...that thought is making me start to edge closer to the needle!

Also I got invited to speak at the Stake Women's Conference and I'd like to wear earrings as you know the other women will look gorgeous!!!  A nice thought to think that throbbing swollen earlobes will make me one of the gorgeous gals on the stand!  Sometimes I amaze myself with how utterly ridiculous I am and how off-base my reality of thinking is!  I will keep you posted!  (As if anyone even gives a hoot if I have hole-less lobes!)  I really did like those pearls last time!

*********************

I'm almost finished with my Book of Mormon reading and again, I must say that I absolutely love reading it straight through with out glancing at chapter headings or verses which breaks the flow and interrupts.  It just flows like this exciting story and draws me in and moves me forward with such enjoyment and clarity and the Holy Ghost just testifies over and over and it is just an amazing read-a-thon.  I've just moved into Ether. 

Last week...I found some soul brothers in feeling the same about how I'm reading!!  They have done an amazing thing.  They got permission from the Church authorities, The Church Authorities, to copy word for word the 2013 Edition of The Book of Mormon, and they have divided it into 214 Events.  They offered a special for $14.99 (I think) and I quickly ordered one and zippety-do-dah, guess what??!, today it's here!!  All the things I did in my mind while reading are now in this wonderful format!!  As soon as I finish my current reading...I will start on this!!  This will be my new cover to cover read from General Conference to General Conference.  

I wish I could copy and show you but they say...NO.  so...it's a father and son (Lynn and David Rosenvall .  It's called -

A NEW APPROACH TO STUDYING 
THE BOOK OF MORMON
ANOTHER TESTAMENT OF JESUS CHRIST

They, like me, like "emphasizing events rather than chapters".  Oh, it's just amazing and as they say, in their explanation of their "annotating and formatting" that "not one jot or tittle has been omitted or changed."  I'll be quiet.  I've not looked yet but I see they have a www.StudyTheScriptures.com  (isn't that suppose to turn blue?)

The only problem I see, with the book, is the cover which is unbelievably stiff.  I'm talking stiff as a board stiff and that is no exaggeration.  I see the spine is not glued to it so at least the pages will have no problems with turning.  I love the feel of the paper.  Important to me...paper that feels good to my touch!!

I'm sure you have no doubt that I'll keep you posted!!

*************************************

Hoping to get an all clear from my surgeon on Monday.  I'm anxious to be able to lift something heavier than a milk carton without causing internal problems!!  It seems like forever at this point and way beyond the 6 weeks!   




 






2 comments:

Natalie said...

I have that book, Nancy and it is wonderful. They wrote another one: "The New Approach to Studying The Covenants of our Fathers, A Harmony of Genesis, Moses, and Abraham". Really good for using along with this years Gospel Doctrine Class on the Old Testament. By the way, I,too, have very fine hair and a year or so ago it was falling out!!! Took advice from someone who had had the same problem and VOILA!!! I take Folic Acid.

Nancy Seljestad said...

That is so fun to know that you have the book that I'm so excited about. I'm going to plow through Ether and to the end and get into right away.
Folic Acid...I'll try it!
Love you, dear Natalie!