Friday, December 1, 2017

Tears here

my beautiful friend....

MaryLynne



Gone but never to be forgotten.  As kind as she was gorgeous.  Filled to the brim with love for her family.  Generous and compassionate with everyone.  Ever growing in faith and knowledge of the Savior.  Believed in and lived as Christ--giving unconditional love to all that she met.  Firmness of testimony and proclaimer of her faith in the Gospel.  A true friend.  

I'm thankful I got to see her on her last day of living her mortal life.  I looked at her spent, frail, small body...her greyed long hair combed back...her pain and voice silenced by medications...her induced deep sleep and slack jaw...her pallored skin-- and I thought...she fought the good fight...she finished her race...she won the battle...she endured to the end...she will soon be released and whole again. I cannot imagine her actually going to leave.  I love her.

Although I saw all of that...what lived in my mind was the above photo of her.  My mind was also filled with...Remembering the softness of her voice...her gentle laugh...her shared confidences with the struggles of mortal life...the joyous testimony of the Gospel she treasured and always, always, her increased love and pride for her children and her precious grandchildren. 

We shared so many wonderful memories over many years.  I know I will see her in the next life but right now, I so wish for more of those long ago, long gone past days and years and time in this life, we shared as friends.  I will cherish those memories.  

We love our friends and we weep over our friends leaving us.  I weep.

Psalms 30:5 ....weeping may endure for a night, but bjoy cometh in the morning.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

So sorry you are experiencing this sadness, Nancy. Many of us know what it is like and it tugs at the heartstrings like nothing else. We are all so thankful for our knowledge of the hereafter, aren't we? Blessings to you and to her family!

Nancy Seljestad said...

Thank you, Natalie. Loving thoughts to you as I think of you losing your daughter. Thank heaven for the Gospel.