Sunday, December 31, 2017

out with the old and...

on with the new!  and there I go.  4-1/2 years in YW as the Laurel teacher and now....here I come- I move to Primary!  This will be a new event for me on many levels and an interesting twist also.

The twist?  Years ago I taught Melissa in Seminary as a 14 year old.  Years later, she, now a Mother of 5!, I then teach her daughter, Maci, as her Laurel teacher for 2 years.  Maci is now at BYU-I.  Melissa is a Counselor in Primary.  In Primary I will teach another of Melissa's children.  this time a son!  So I have been teaching people in this one family since 1989!  I find that a twisty story!

Change is so good.  It's invigorating and energizing and there is inspiration and revelation and a newness on so many levels.  Our Bishopric really went all out today as the YW and the RS were entirely reorganized!  Plus 4 new teachers in Primary and a Gospel Doctrine teacher also!!  Lots of farewells and "setting aparts" and a new feeling that seems so appropriate for a New Year.

I joined the Church in 1961 and was asked to teach the Co-pilot B class.  Preparing the children for baptism.  I loved it.  I was brand new and I learned as I taught the children the basics of the Gospel.  That was for one year.  Then I was Primary Secretary a few years later and a Primary Counselor for a very short while as they called me to the Mutual program.  And that is it!!  I've always had a Church calling but in 57 years membership in the Church...never in Primary!!  I know nothing but I will soon learn!!  I am excited to experience this new adventure!!

I will teach the oldest age children.  I think they are 11 years old.  Aren't those the ones that feel Primary is for babies and they want to be 12 and leave and be all grown-up in YM/YW?  And they feel embarrased and to old for the yearly Primary program?  Seems I've heard comments over the years about...she is so glad to be out of Primary.  She could hardly wait to leave.  Well, that will be interesting if that is the case!  Whatever I find, perhaps my enthusiasm for being their teacher and being in Primary with them, and letting them know I love them already and am so glad to be with them, maybe I can turn the tide! 

I have been so excited about this coming New Year and this just adds to my anticipation of fantastic things to look forward to.

Happy New Year, tomorrow! 

How about the last TWO years!
Oh, boy...maybe what I heard is true!!!!  

The Best Mormon Humor from Around the Web on LDSLiving.com
Really?



No comments: