Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

I love it when Christmas Eve is on Sunday!  Happening every 7 years and it is such a marvelous lead-in to Christmas Day.  7 years from now....who knows where I'll be?

Every year I wish that our Ward would do a Christmas Eve program, on Christmas Eve and invite the community.  Every 7 years I get my wish, at least in the Ward.

We had another Ward meet with us today.  Our congregation has become very small and the visitors have the same challenge so it was fun for all of us to be together.  (Their furnace is still not working.)  I wish they would meet with us all the time.  I wish we could be combined.  This post isn't about wishing.  It's about the joy of having Christmas Eve on Sunday.

So many went the extra mile to look real spiffy and Christmasy.  Lots of darling little girls in new dresses.  Lots of red and a bit of sparkles in jewelry.

A large garland across the front by the podium.  You know I love garlands.  Lights and ribbons and pine cones and shiny ornaments.  Beautiful and classy.  Made it feel so inviting.

A very simple program filled with inspiring narration and lots, and lots, of music.  Families singing and soloists and groups and violinists and a big variety.  So inspiring and comforting and uplifting.

The entire program and being with such great people, really made my mind drift to the Savior and the love I have for Him.

Image may contain: stripes

No comments: