Monday, July 3, 2017

Blue Skies!

My Blue-Black funky time mood has slowly lifted to SummerBlue Sky!  Nothing feels better than to have moved through the fog!!  If feelings could be described food-wise?....this feeling is DeliciouslyScrumptious.  Don't you love to feel good?  Feeling good on all 4 levels...physical and spiritual and emotional and social...BLISS!!!  Usually I seem to have one tire, or more, losing air and going flat and I'm having a bumpy ride.  But right now I am taking on deep breath air and oh, my...heavenly.

Kudos to friends that understand and take time to care-- by listening without judgment or drowning me with unasked for solutions.  Just loving.  Listening with unconditional love and voicing confidence in my ability to figure out what I need to do- to balance out what is now MyLife.

So refreshing and just makes a person feel so loved!!


My woes?- figuring out my own health issues...swollen legs amongst other things...taking tests etc/ figuring out how to best help Terry/ figuring out how to manage everything because if it's to be it's up to me/stewing over 2 sons health issues and knowing, but on some level not accepting, I can't do one thing to make their challenges go away.

I'm experiencing the woes of mortality and no worse than others {and for the most part- oh, so much better than most!}  Just mortal life and I sort of decided to stop and have a PityParty!  My woes-um, rather loathsome emotions, have been banished. Most likely they, at some point, unbidden/unwelcome, will return but for now the sea of my life has calmed down.  Rather smooth sailing for now!



In reliving the experience of unloading my woes, I thought of these great scriptures and the importance of our conversations and how life reviving words of caring compassion can be.  


Proverbs:
15:28 The heart of the righteous astudieth to banswer...

16:24 Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones.

25:11 aword fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.


********************************
I have these old song lyrics tumbling around inside....  

Blue Skies by Irving Berlin

I was blue, just as blue as I could be
Ev'ry day was a cloudy day for me
Then good luck came a-knocking at my door
Skies were gray but they're not gray anymore

Blue skies
Smiling at me
Nothing but blue skies
Do I see

Bluebirds
Singing a song
Nothing but bluebirds
All day long

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right
Noticing the days hurrying by
When you're in love, my how they fly

Blue days
All of them gone
Nothing but blue skies
From now on

I should care if the wind blows east or west
I should fret if the worst looks like the best
I should mind if they say it can't be true
I should smile, that's exactly what I do

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I love to read your blog...even when you are feeling "bluesy" because there is always something I can use!
My beautiful daughter passed away on Sunday the 25th after a 15 month fight against cancer. She was an incredible woman and accomplished a great deal in her 52 years. Our hearts are aching but they are not broken because we know for a surety we will see her again. I now know that I can probably do anything after burying a child. I'd like to share something I came across recently hoping that it will be meaningful in your lives. "Faith never demands an answer to all things, but courage to move forward." I for one do not know all things; but I trust in the things I do know. I hope all of you will also.
Natalie

Nancy Seljestad said...

You were so much in my thoughts this last while. You fought such a battle right along with her. Sending love and prayers to you.
A friend, who lost her adult son, said it was so difficult/painful/hard/unbearable because it was so out of the sequence that life is expected to be. I think your thought...I now know that I can probably do anything after burying a child...is so true.
You know I appreciate you and our friendship. I miss Dixie and of course think of her when I think of you and highschool cheerleading!
thank you for giving me courage to blog the true happenings in my life!
So sorry your beautiful daughter is gone. Thank heavens for memories and the hopeful promise of the Gospel!