Thursday, June 29, 2017

treading water

Regular readers know that I'm in over my head because I'm not really blogging.  More just sharing things I'm enjoying and learning from but not really sharing the daily happenings and my own take on things.

Things feel a bit out of hand and I'm trying to keep the wagon on the trail and not slipping off the cliff!

So many appointments it seems and that has taken so much time.  almost finished with Dr. Appointments and PT sessions are over and slowly things are feeling more manageable.  I did mention the fact that our family is all getting together and the first of those marvelous people start arriving on the 18th.  Hmmmmm....isn't that 3 weeks from today?  Actually...19 days!

Food?  Fun?  Games?  Celebrating?  Love?  Visiting?  A tall order and I'm looking at a totally blank piece of paper with the exception of love and visiting!  Usually by this time, my familiar McCall routine is in full swing and ready!  This isn't McCall!

***********************

I'm trying again! to lose weight!!  If a person got credit for trying....I'd be skinny!  Anyhow...all of you that told me to not just stop, on my garage biking feat because I wouldn't start again...remember when you told me that?  Remember when I said...oh, no.  I'll just take a little break and I'll start walking?  You were right.  I was wrong.  So...I'm at it again.  Trying!!  EVER trying.

I'm sure I can be trim in 18 days!!  Insanity!!!

As melodramatic as I sound (and am) I don't feel overly anxious in thinking I won't make getting healthy and that is good.  This will be a boon to my health.  Tell you what....when I've actually lost some weight then I'll tell you.  okay?  Do not hold your breath until the result is in!

**********************
A bit of trouble with my pierced ears.  I think they are now healed and ready to change out after a tedious, bit painful time, healing.  I do like them!  Dixie would be so pleased that I got them done...finally!

I bought a couple of new dresses.  

I've overruled my desire and gone to SuperCuts for my spur of the moment and overruled deciding to cut my hair with my pinking shears!  3 times I've not chopped it myself!

Nail polish in place.  Fingers and toes!

Still trying to improve my appearance and be more consistent.  

I really need to bring in trash bags and just put everything in closet in them and start anew BUT I have family coming and blah blah blah!  My excuses are so worn thin they are holey!

********************************

Did you read that great article by Elder Bednar in the July Ensign?  I still love the paper magazine but I see they print the basics of the story and then footnote refer you to LDS.org for the rest of the story and more details.  Clever ploy!     Elder Bednar's article  here


Also---This was so insightful!...Daily care for the Spiritually aware....  here

No comments: