Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Freedom!

Happy 4th of July!!  I love our country and being an American and flying the flag!  I hung our flag as soon as I got up!  Today I am missing my sister and her calling and asking me what I'm wearing and if I have on the flag pin she gave me with it's sparkly jewels and wanting to know what I'm cooking...then following the questions and my less than satisfying answers...she would tell me what to cook and what to wear etc. etc.

She would not be happy with my doings today.  I'm enjoying the freedom of freedom and doing nothing!!  I will go see if I can find that pin and wear it in her honor.  Cooking?...I don't want to cook today.  Fireworks?...I'll listen and watch neighbors and see the city fireworks from my front yard.  Memories?...The Hubster and I already relived past celebrations and marveled again at the power of reliving enjoyable events.

Today?...Terry will recover from a sleepless night by sleeping off and on.  Me?...I'm going to sit outside and read a book until it's to hot and then?...I'll sit inside and read my Agatha Christie book of mysteries until I decide I don't want to read anymore.  I bequeath to myself a day of utter freedom to do as I please and reading made the top of the list!

Here are two past blogs that I hope you enjoy.  they are about the 4th of July.  of course!!  here  and here

No comments: