Sunday, April 2, 2017

Marvelous!!!

What a marvelous two days of spiritual goodness!

With blessings unmeasured  my cup runneth o'er. (Hymn #108)

Two speakers mentioned that we should read The Living Christ so here you go!

The Living Christ  here

Special Witnesses of Christ  here

I was thankful for all of the extra programs in between Conference sessions.  So informative and uplifting!

Elder Ballard was one of my favorites as it went along with what I'd been seeking in planning and simplifying my personal life.  Every single thing he was saying just went right with the thoughts I'd been having and planning just before I was waylaid with bronchitis.  I really felt like he was speaking just to me and I was on the right track.  I could really feel the Spirit and a confirmation that I was on course and should proceed with what I felt needed to be done.  He suggested to sit and plan and I'd done that!  Everything he was saying was on point with what I'd done!

So excited that I went to his facebook page so see what more he had to say about it.  He was talking about something else!!  I'd asked for a confirmation before hand so I'm going to stay with what I was feeling.  I've heard of that happening before...someone hearing something and when they go back to find it?....It's not there!  I'm sticking by my feelings!

I look forward to reading/hearing the entire talk and see if there in anything that sounds familiar!

Here is Elder Ballard's comments about his talk today....

 As you walk through life, many of you may wonder what God’s goals for you are. The most important goals we can set are to return to His presence and to receive the eternal blessings that come from making and keeping covenants.

Today at #LDSconf, I invited you to take time to regularly ask yourself how you are doing with these two goals. It’s kind of like having a personal, private interview with yourself. And if that sounds unusual, think about it: who in this world knows you... better than you know yourself? You know better than anyone how you’re progressing along the road to returning and receiving.
I testify that there is no greater goal in mortality than to live eternally with our Heavenly Parents and our beloved Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ. But it is more than just our goal—it is also Their goal. They have a perfect love for us, more powerful than we can even begin to comprehend. They are totally, completely, eternally aligned with us. We are Their work. Our glory is Their glory. More than anything else, They want us to come home—to return and to receive eternal happiness in Their presence.
*********

LATER- Terry called me to his computer as he had Elder Ballards talk ready for me to listen to.  It was as I remembered and I felt as I felt.  He was talking  about return and receive. Our personal goals will help us mark our way.  So I'm not totally bonkers!  (slightly but not totally!)  I was buoyed and encouraged by his talk about planning to accomplish goals.

No comments: