Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Bubble Blowing-again? still?

Headed to Yakima to get my hair trimmed (after my butchering job with my pinking shears) and took the back way behind Target.  Coming in that way, which is actually the wrong way to drive that road...well, the sign says that but I'm a sheep and follow the other stragglers that take that shortcut. Anyhow, on the last corner there is a house that I've admired for years.  It's an old Craftsman with an overgrown yard and you can see at one time it was gorgeous.  It's landlocked and over the years a couple of attempts have been made to fix and use and maybe live in it, to no success.

Today, to my surprise, as I came to that spot, I saw that someone had paved the back driveway plus I saw an OPEN sign!  The yard was cleaned up and the old vegetation was lovely!  My mind in a split second thought...an antique store!  Just for a second the thought lingered and then things got better when I glimpsed a sign that read...Sweet Relief.  A candy shop?  A pastry shop?  I was happy and then saw the entire sign.  Sweet Relief. Cannabis Company.  I had veered to the right to go in and see the wares but when I saw what was actually being sold?...I bypassed brownies and veered left and proceeded to get my haircut!

Who'd of thunk it?  These businesses are all over the place!  Some of you readers don't have this happening in your neck of the woods but boy, oh, boy- It's seeped out like slime in our area.

Please don't give me the medicinal cannabis talk/chastisement/lecture.  I know about that.  I know some people do that. There is not one central location business building for purchasing...it's everywhere and growing like crazy.

Just sayin'.  Easy peasy to pick up party supplies for "recreation".  Perhaps I'm the lone wolf in feeling marijuana is not good for the human body?  for the brain?  especially a developing brain in young people?  Again- not slamming/condemning/recommending/judging Rx usage.  I'm talking about widespread use of it for "fun".  


Came home to take Terry in for a heart monitor check.  Sitting and waiting (for what seems an eternity) for his appointment and a young woman comes in, looking like perhaps she'd been recently pummeled and hadn't had time to clean up.  Unkempt and her bright green hair pulled up helter skelter... wearing a T-shirt that proclaimed in print across her back....

A GREENER TODAY
Award Winning Cannabis & Concentrate


Oh, yes...climbing on my soapbox and ....
I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles (sheet music cover).jpeg
on my soapbox.  again!!

Save me from myself!!!  Burn the soapbox!!  It draws me in every time!!

No comments: