Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Marvelous Treasure!!!

Started off my Wednesday with wallowing in a colorless cloud of emotion.  One that wafted in and enveloped me.  Uninvited.  Unwanted.  Definitely unneeded! 

Feeling overwhelmed.  Again.  or should I say still?

Read on.  Things do get better.  No need to fear participating in a descriptive read of a pity party.  Relax.

Surely you understand what I mean.  Surely you have felt that feeling in one degree or another. Mine just seems to hang on like an irritating cold or the likes.

In my prayer I stated that I honestly didn't know what to pray for.  I felt trapped and didn't know what to do to help myself, beyond what was my norm, for surviving this probationary time! I just acknowledged that I had no idea of what I needed to do and opened my mind to whatever came.

Terry was so sweet.  He does not experience, and never has, the emotions that I have at times had full acquaintance with.  It's very nice because he is level headed.  He reminded me of what I know but I needed a reminder...lots on my plate with his health/sister's health/son's health/adult children at odds with the Gospel/feelings of more responsibility in our life/feeling co-dependent etc. etc.  And the pressure, the desire to conduct myself as a Beloved Daughter of God with all of my heart.  You can imagine the talk we had.  Most likely you also have had such a talk with someone.  Maybe even more than once.  Mortality is not always smooth sailing.

He used his Priesthood gift of bestowing blessings on me.  I absolutely love his blessings and really, no matter who was available, on any level of authority in the Church...I'd choose my Hubby.  he is the best!  Such a blessing of comfort and counsel.  Such a help.

Then I started studying scriptures and even did some basic genealogy and did some laundry etc.  Had a couple of great conversations with a son and also my daughter who is visiting my sister.  Then I had my wonderful Aha!Moment! 

I need to backtrack to November 2013.  That was when I as assigned to do the Stake Women's Conference.  It ended up being a fantastic spiritual experience.  One of the speakers, and I don't remember her assigned topic right now, but she shared a personal experience about needing help with a son that had gotten derailed gospel wise.  She and her husband had done everything in there power to help him and nothing helped.  Then she read something that made them feel to ask for help from those beyond this life.  The parents of both she and her husband were on the other side of the veil so they decided to ask specifically for those 4 grandparents to help their son.  She said the experience that happened was to sacred to share but he did get the needed help.  She told of the dire straights he had been in and how his life was impacted after this experience (she said it was very specific) and what he was currently doing and all of it was terrific.  I was so thrilled to hear that personal story.

I knew somewhat about angels and believed in help beyond but was a little uncertain as to how to avail myself of such help.

(now don't be thinking I'm all of a sudden going to share some angel story from today. nothing happened like that.)

Anyhow...I called her and asked where the source was of what she read and she tried to find it but what she shared wasn't what I'd heard her say.

So....3 years later and today I read the quote!!!  my gift to you!  we can both use it!

President Joseph F. Smith declared: “When messengers are sent to minister to the inhabitants of this earth, they are not strangers, but from the ranks of our kindred [and] friends . . . . In like manner, our fathers and mothers, brothers, sisters, and friends who have passed away from this earth, having been faithful, and worthy to enjoy these rights and privileges, may have a mission given them to visit their relatives and friends upon the earth again, bringing from the divine Presence messages of love, of warning, of reproof and instruction to those whom they had learned to love in the flesh.”

here is how I found it.  Sister Wendy Nelson (yes, wife of Elder Nelson)  heard a talk by Elder Holland in CR April 2010 about dealing with temptations.  At one point he said...Ask for angels to help you.  She said those 6 words changed her life!  She couldn't believe what she'd heard.

Then she ends up learning how to apply this in her life and amazingly enough she writes a book about it!!  plus she has some sort of a 21 day experiment she has devised to accomplish what I would assume to be greater connection or more spirituality?

Plus she says she now has 3 truths that compel her life.  so curious as to what they are!  I love that she has recently personally learned and experienced all of this and is willing to share with all of us!!

So...summation....incrementally the Lord led me through this day, that started being piled on many similar days, and it culminated with me ordering the book and eagerly wanting to check out the 21 day experiment.  Before I tackle those 11 Gospel Essays, I'm going to read the book and do the 21 day experiment.  Let me know if you do it also!

Easy peasy reading for you right here.  I know you want to read all it right away!  Trying to save you look-up time!

**************************


Covenant Keepers by Sister Wendy Watson Nelson. Read the article here

Where to buy her book here

Elder Holland's talk.  the one that influenced her and changed her life. I'm thinking this talk will help me also!   Place No More For the Enemy of my Soul -- Read talk here

No comments: