Monday, September 29, 2014

What an event!!!!

I'm on such a high after General Woman's Conference!!!  Technology is so incredible that it's instantly available to peruse over and over.  And what's not to love about the talented folks that instantly pick out my favorite thoughts and illustrate them???!!!  Like this gem...

Photo: One of my favorite quotes from tonight. #womensmeeting What did you like or learn? 

I felt the Spirit so strong.  Felt so inspired and such a kinship with all LDS women.  I really wanted to be with a large group of local women.  I know it was a Saturday and so much going on with sports and it can be recorded and it can be watched in the comfort of your own cozy chair but I really wanted to be with others and visit a bit afterwards.  Didn't happen.  There were 6 women, 4 young girls, and 2 young boys plus our two sister Missionaries.  I heard the Stake Center had 60 or so.  Last year it was almost the same number where I attended in Toppenish and that was combined with 2 Wards.  It was just a longing I had!  A gathering of Zionites!  LDS women are amazing!!!  Such a beautiful time to share with each other.  Some went to Dairy Queen afterwards but I needed to get home and see how Terry was doing.

There were so many things that were favorites.  All talks were timely and inspired on all sorts of levels.  Sigh.
********************************
I talked to my friend Pat about the mention and picture of the 900+ gathering of Girls Camp in Alaska.   She had told me about the meeting in June.  She was thrilled, as was I, when the sister talked about it at the WC!!  (Pat and her Granddaughter checked the picture shown and knew right where they were and other friends.  It was a fun memory for them!) At the event mentioned below, they had asked Pat to stand up, told her age and that she'd been to camp for 50 years.  Also explained that she and several other couples had gathered private funds, to purchase land on a lake for Camp LaDaySa, before we moved there in 1966.  (Not sure how to spell it anymore. Pronounced LahDaySuh)  Pat got a standing ovation.  Go Pat!!  Go Alaska!!

she informed me she is 82, not the 81 I mentioned a couple of days ago!



 From Desseret News....about Girls Camp... here
paragraph from article....

In Anchorage, Alaska, in June of this year, 900 young women gathered from all across the state to an “encampment” on the state fair grounds. Leaders a thousand miles apart “met” throughout the year by conference calls, and 21 statewide committees created perhaps the largest girls camp on record. With the theme “Become One,” leaders and young women planned dozens of stations for all 900 campers to learn and live spiritual truths — as well as complete service projects, outdoor cooking challenges and crafts. During the year, the young women of Alaska prepared spiritually for their camp by completing their reading of the Book of Mormon and memorizing “The Living Christ: The Testimony of the Apostles.” Strength, unity and faith flowed through a huge exhibition hall as they stood and recited this inspired document from memory.

Another time of marvelous memories made from Church service with a friend.  Again...we had such a great visit on our travel adventure!!

**********************************************

At last years General Woman's Conference, I took Myra Faye.  Little did I know that she only had 4 more weeks to live.  Sherry and I talked about that yesterday.  Almost 6 months.  I miss my friend.

Hailey- Sherry- MYRA FAYE- Heather  3/29/14

Hailey- Sherry- MYRA FAYE- Heather  3/29/14

No comments: