Thursday, September 18, 2014

On the road again (hear the music?)

So segment two of our wanderings begins at hopefully 7am!!  I managed to decrease our suitcases by 50% since our last wandering and they are in the car the night before.  2 boxes of apples are ready and one box of Ben's things.  Things as in...old school papers and baseball cards and that sort of paraphernalia!  Is there some sort of a law that states length of time that things can be stored in a parents garage?  After all he's only 39.  I hope it's not to soon to give it to him!  It's only been 20 years or so!



Fuji's in bottom box- requested by Maureen-- her favorite apple!
HoneyCrisp for my friend Pat...just because they are special and so is she!
********************************
Kipper is taking care of house and he said...now you two kids get along with each other and don't fight!  Our kids make me laugh!

Last time we traveled to Carson City we had verbal fireworks in our car!  We had the GPS and Terry had a little map of sorts.  When the GPS was telling me to turn, the co-pilot was saying things (loudly) like-- NO NO There is a better way!  DON'T TURN!  Believe me!!!  Sometimes in marriage you decide to choose to be right or let the other one have their way.  I felt he was totally wrong and Ms.GPS was right and sort of thought...oh, what harm can there be?  Go with his plan.  Don't fuss.  It was a NIGHTMARE!!  He took us over the Sierra's and if that wasn't bad enough we went over them AGAIN!   It took us 24 hours and we had to stay in a hotel. 

True- he decided to follow the the GPS guide on our return and still to this day talks about what a quick and nice trip it was when we drove home. It's as if time has erased the horror of that mountain trek and he only remembers driving home.  I asked him why he thought he had found a nice easy quick trip when it took us to the heights and down and then back up.  He said the map looked straight.  When I checked it out it looked like baby rick-rack.  not smooth and straight.  So he's all calm and we are in total agreement that the GPS will guide us this time.  (I love my GPS!!)

I will admit that I've gotten lost so I'm not innocent in that respect but really he wins on treacherous roads with that little jaunt!

Looking forward to seeing my longtime friend- Pat and then super happy to see Ben, Maureen, Murphy, and Sullivan!
 ***********************************
My mind is focused thought-wise on upcoming General Conference and the General Women's Meeting.  Just antsy with anticipation for all meetings and especially Gen. Conf.!

*********************

See you next week!!!


No comments: