Saturday, December 14, 2013

Time for Family Fun!!

One year, many years ago, we put on the now considered a very old play--My Turn on Earth.  At that time it was popular and the necessary permission was given for us to do it and we forged ahead.  It turned out wonderful and as is the case in creative ventures, especially those you have put your heart into, the lyrics and dialogue stay with you seemingly forever. 

Today I thought of a couple of sing-songy lines from the play....Come Home....I'm not ready....ready or not.

That is applicable to the last couple of weeks.   They are Coming Home....I'm not ready....ready or not.  Time is up!  Tonight it is what it is.

Did it all get done?  No.  It did not.  Is there enough to enchant/charm a child?  Yes.  There certainly is! 

Will tomorrow be wonderful and love filled and great memories made?  Yes...There certainly will be. On all counts!

I learned a lot in my recent shameful harpy way and finally just stopped my fish-mongering tone, of trying to get him to stop and wipe down a spider web, instead of hanging garlands festooned with teeny lights.  Webs don't show in a room that is low-lit to the glow reminiscent of candles.  But light does show and looks absolutely gorgeous.  I love the light at this time of the year.  LOVE it.  so I changed my focus to the light and lifted my sight beyond the nearly invisible web(s) to enjoy the season.  To be thankful for this season and for my honey that simply never quits.  He may not do all that he desires, as in the past, but he will always do as much as he possibly can.  What a guy!! 

Wow!  I need to learn to use this camera that is still new to me!!
Here is something so special!!  so unexpected!  so appreciated!  2x!  Twice we received a bag chock full of love!!!!  We have pondered how good people are in general and how good to us specifically!
My whiny heart just melted at the goodness of others!!!  THANK YOU...anonymous givers of the love gifts!!!



No comments: