Wednesday, December 11, 2013

So the self-imposed Dec.1 deadline was missed...

on ALL Christmas decorations are up, gorgeous, shared, enjoyed.  Running LATE!! 

 Things are moving along here getting ready for our first arrival of family.  At this point we agree on -Whatever is done decorating wise is enough and as Terry said....a little child can fill in and make this come alive.  I agree.  He is still determined to put lights on the outside and our son will help him tomorrow.  he also wants to hang ornaments on the inside garlands.  Oh, did I mention garlands on the porch?  Oh, and a tree on the porch?  sandwiched in-between an eye Dr. appointment.  etc. etc.  At this moment...it is what it is.  Next page in this book would read.  The End.

His pulley contraption!

Pulley contraption victory!!
For a DIY guy...hard to obey the Doctor imposed No Ladder Climbing!!

Boxes and totes FILLED with decorations!  Me-stop!!  He-go!!  Me -pare back!  He-no way!!
Enjoying building his little village that is packed with houses!

Uh-oh!  ladder for garlands!

Why ladder here?  have no idea!

I had no confidence that he would have oomph to bake these!  Wiped him out but he did it!

Nativity sets.  So wonderful to contemplate.

Some of the houses.  Tree needs gold beads and it's done!

This pretty much sums Christmas up, don't you think?

I feel the peace.  Temple overlay on picture of Christ.  can't see it here.

love this old set.  Has an angel from years ago that we bought in Homer.

My tenacious adorable man!  Stubborn!  He said he'd decorate and he did!!
I created a lot of stress by constantly fretting and trying to stop him from flexing his hidden creative home decorator gene.  That lone gene surfaces each Christmas and I kept trying to put the kabash on it.  Pleading for practicality.  Lecturing on conservation of energy.  His energy!  frustrated me.  wilted pompoms.  not cheerleading.  Instead-- sideline loud voiced heckling--STOP!  YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!  IT'S TO MUCH!!  YOU ARE GOING TO FALL!!  YOU DON'T HAVE TIME!!  OH NO!!  DON'T!!  WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!??? 

Stress eliminator would have been for me to encourage him, from a prone posistion on floor, and reassure him if he fell, he'd have me to cushion the blow. 

All that fuss and he just never listened and bulldozed his way right down his chosen path.  I'm worn to a frazzle and be darned!--he did every thing he wanted to do.  Well, almost.  But he's happy with the outcome even if the rest doesn't get completed. 

I wasted time and energy.  You'd think as long as we've been married that I'd know better.  I know this...  I love the guy and I didn't want him to get exhausted or fall.  I'm the exhausted one!!

No comments: