Thursday, December 19, 2013

Loving Christmas and still being a whiner-face!!

Curmudgeon--n. a bad-tempered person

Am I that???!!!  Is wanting your way on Christmas Preparations, your timetable, your to-do essentials list, qualify one for such a description?  What if you are at seemingly totally opposite stances, spousewise, on what needs to be in readiness for Christmas?

I'm not having tantrums.  well, outwardly I'm not but inside?  Now that is not real pleasant in trying to hold my wicked tongue in check.  I watch as the sweetest most innocent man born, persists in doing things that I consider off track/bad timing/unnecessary.  He baked another batch of cinnamon rolls!!!  This is now an all day procedure with all of his tweaking, his loved recipe over the years.  Now he's saying he wants to make another batch!! No!!  He doles the batch out one roll per person.  Wishes he could bake for everyone in the Ward.  (Now that is absolutely NOT going to happen.  No Way!)

I mean we have a family + a dog coming.

Here is what some things look like.  I know posting it will make you say...Why the fuss?  Just do it! Amidst your gasps of shock and horror at such a sight, I dare to shock you! I am slovenly enough to treat unused bedrooms etc. as storage rooms.  Rooms to tuck things into until they are properly put away.  Some things into the garage.  Some to landfill?  Hidey-holes filled, slowly bit by bit, by a procrastinating pack-rat in human form!


Mounds of clean blankets and pillows and some "stuff".  a blood pressure cuff????

Note how bed was carefully made at one time.  pile of clean sheets.  Oh!  there is that Christmas paper!

more clean pillows.  resting on a keyboard and a disassembled heater.  of course!
What!?  You don't have one of these sitting inside your door?  needs to be assembled.  of course!
remains from decorating.  some of them!

 
The little tree...partially assembled  and....


fully assembled.  uh, boxes?

invisible cord for tree, nesting in leaves, scattered intentionally, to hide cord.  Right!!!
Success!  first little family having fun!  so worth every ounce of effort!

Happy little sweetie-pies!!!  Ava and Kai. 
Someone with a sweet pure heart, filled with Christmas love, gifted us! Love them!!!
Soooooo...time to stop the whining and for me to say to myself.... Why the fuss?  Just do it!

No comments: