Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Better saddle up ol' paint and get to movin' & stop moseying around!

Oh, dear!  Has Nana/Grams/Grandmama/Grandma gone over the edge?  Will all the little ones be on a total sugar high and have their clothes all stained?  Will the Mommas be irritated?  I'm buying small, real small cups.  Maybe not as many spills?  I don't know what the McCall outcome will be but this is tucked away in the trunk of my car.



Perhaps I need an intervention?  I seem to always be tucking things in my trunk or the back of the pickup.  Remember the gate?  Well, as Miss Scarlett said....Fiddle dee dee, Ah'll think about that tuhmorra!

I think I need to return one of these that is tucked in the garage!!






We already have this....

Don't I see 4 boats of some sort above the Weber?  The kids all favor that old blue air mattress which I find so funny and endearing.  They sit afloat and visit and paddle and laze around unfazed and enjoy occasionally shoving each off in the lake.  We don't have a real boat but the kids love this sort of thing but I really do need to take one of those relaxation stations back. I admit it's overkill. 



Usually we end renting a boat and jet skis for our beach day but I don't know what we are doing this year.  At least at this point, I don't know.


Things are so different now.  Terry's stroke has impacted our life in subtle ways and it really comes to light in planning for McCall.  No van.  Me the car driver.  5 people with stuff for a week. We have always taken the truck, over-stacked and looking like hicks from the sticks, that maybe use their blue tarp covering for housing!  (couldn't he at least have bought brown?!)  We haul stuff as if we are going into the wilderness and no stores around.  You would not believe what I pack!!!  Maybe you would!

Terry keeps reminding me...you can buy stuff there.  Usually by now I have menu's planned, agenda's and theme days planned, food purchased and ready.  I even bring laundry soap for my DIL's who will have traveled several days to reach us.  I've even been known to have quarters on hand for laundry.
In the past I've cooked and made and baked and bought all sorts of food.  I have nothing done!!


As I said.  This year is different.

I have children and grandchildren that are eager to be together and relive this memory that has become so precious to us.  I have such fond memories of such great times and this year will surpass all because this year we will have even more people than before with a little gr-grandson coming for his first time.



Wonder if we can pull off another Christmas in July?  Last time we hauled our porch Christmas tree and all sorts of stocking and decorations.  It was so fun!!!


Perhaps they will have an outdoor play and everyone will indulge me and attend.  the last one we saw was absolutely dreadful and the entire audience was chortling.  I got teased to death for planning the  family cultural event!!! 


My daughter is coming in a few days-- she and I will get the details going and figure out this transportation issue and what to take.  2 massive food-filled cooler chests?  Christmas stuff?

In the meantime I look forward to getting her bedroom ready.  airing the blankets and freshly laundered sheets.  buying some fresh flowers.  tuck some chocolates that are wrapped in angel paper under her pillow.  get some books out for her to read.  seeing if I can find her some new pajamas.
making sure we have fresh blueberries in the fridge.  I might get ambitious and bake WW bread for her.  translation: might means-- it won't happen!!!

This I know...whatever gets done or doesn't get done, it will all be enough and things will turn out fine!  We will all enjoy ourselves and make one more memory for our family.  Love it!!!!









No comments: