Thursday, July 18, 2013

And the beat goes on!!!.....

We continue to shop and ready things for our trip.  I was thinking about the fact that we do all of this preparation when actually it's not expected nor in a way is it needed, to enjoy ourselves.  I think it's the Mother in me coming out.  Just like sheets/blankets/pillows hung on clothesline, which I can't do up there as if they came home, it's just a touch of care and love.  Gratitude that they are making the effort to get together.  They are excited and we are equally excited.

It's also fun having my JeaneeGirl here.  She is like a real genie, that Jeanee of mine!  She can walk your legs off in a grocery store (or any store!) and constantly monitors my going way over the top in purchases.  We do have friction on that sometimes when she tries to put things back on the shelf that I want in the basket but it all works out and we enjoy ourselves immensely.  Two headstrong women.  She was raised in a home filled with testosterone.  She and I were the only females!  I love her independent nature.  Most of all I just love her!

In the past I have baked cakes and cookies and etc. to take and pass out daily.  Along with other meal things.  I don't like to shop while there.  I like to take things.  This year, for all sorts of reasons, but mainly, limited transportation, and Jeanee and I each driving a separate vehicle, that won't be happening.

We have all sorts of family with different dietary needs so the only sweets I'm taking are the syrups (yes.  way to many.  last night I read you only need 2 T. of that syrup for 2 cups of ice.  I got small cups that won't hold 2 cups.  we will have enough syrup on hand to last a lifetime!!)

Jeanee decided to make/freeze cookie logs and people that can eat cookies, can bake them in their own condos.  She will be tying red bows on them with the recipe.  Darling girl!

We had a delicious salmon dinner last night and she made us each a lava cake to top off our meal.  So rich but so yummy!






No comments: